Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
I am completely unironically enjoying this. Not even in a so-bad-it's-good way.

It's just...good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
It's really weird. Despite how 'bad' the art is, it's far more dynamic and interesting that the likes of Dominic Deegan and CAD. Lazerbot actually seems to be trying out new things instead of just copy pasting the same old crap again and again. He's also actually got a pretty good sense of humour, both in the humour contained in the comic and doesn't seem to mind our commentary.

I like Lazerbot far, far more than the likes of Mookie or Buckley.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Guys, Elmer is the only one still wearing his mask, and his words seem awfully...trollish.

I think he might join the trolls, guys.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Maruna posted:

I will never play Skyrim again with a character that isn't Rob the No-Eared Nord.

Someone needs to make a mod that lets you reply to any conversation with "WHAT? I'VE GOT NO loving EARS!"

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

woodenchicken posted:

So does that mean that these words are "used up" when they are uttered?

Well, if you keep using a word it would probably lose it's impact. What gives the deadly word it's power is that it's so hateful. It's probably not a one use thing, but using the same one over and over would probably weaken it, since it would lose meaning if it was used constantly.

Thanks lazerbot, for censoring the deadly word so it wouldn't kill your readers too.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Satanos posted:

It's most likely completely accidental (because of how he's creating the blood spray) but I love the way he's got a slight blur on the baby in the final panel to show the bullet in sharper focus and create a sense of depth and perspective.

Lazerbot actually strikes me as the kinda guy who would probably turn out some pretty nice stuff if he got some lessons and stuck at it. gently caress, even if his art is poor he's been trying new things in it, which is far more than I can say for the likes of Buckley and Mookie.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

woodenchicken posted:

My friend does this all the time after having watched some martial arts videos and I Just Don't Get It. Do your joints grow back stronger after you abuse them like that? Does human body work that way? Somehow I doubt it.

You get tiny little fractures in your bones, and when they heal up the bone is slightly stronger. It takes a long time to work though.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
My god, they all keep going hmmmmmm. It's wonderful.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

ClownSyndrome posted:

Tails vs Shadow in the final battle

Then Knuckles steps in and finishes off the winner with a Coup de grâ-grâ

Tails and Shadow are fighting in an enclosed room. Knuckles walks in and starts hotboxing, causing them both to just give up on fighting.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Satanos posted:

It really is incredible. The guy taunts lb and tries to get him to glorify the columbine massacre, mistakenly assuming that lb is some rage fueled psycho, but when this naturally fails on every level he... hacks the account and draws his own columbine fetishising comics.

He has literally become what he believed he was going to troll.

And lb just rolls on.

That's the thing though. TGT seems an awful lot like a revenge fantasy at first. Then it calls out characters like Mario and Shadow as being loving psychos. When the characters enacting the revenge fantasy are called out as terrible, horrible people who are just as bad as the people they fight in your own story, it's really not a revenge fantasy anymore.

I'm not surprised in the slightest that LB doesn't have a good opinion of so-called revenge shooters.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

GyverMac posted:

Hitmen for Destiny is legitimately awesome once you get used to the quirky artstyle.

It really is. And while I wouldn't mind seeing it redone with a more competent artist but the exact same plot, I also kinda like it as it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

OrangeGuy posted:

That demon... thing... is objectively incredible. :aaaaa:

Seriously, LB, you have some great potential for amazing things in the graphic novel business in your future at this rate. Keep on doing what you're doing! :thumbsup:

I think he needs some actual training, but gently caress yes he's actually put out some really good stuff for someone who (I think) has had no artistic education. He's obviously willing to try new things and look at new ideas for how he draws things. I think taking some kind of class would really help him improve.