Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Nab him, jab him, tab him, grab him - stop that pigeon NOW!

Mr. D Bewildering posted:

I am having way too much fun with this comic

If I had five bucks to blow, I'd buy the hell out of this avatar. There's something profound about Fudd's doleful, knowing expression. Or maybe it's just the way he looks stoned, I don't know, but it's one of my favorite panels from the entire thing.

I don't care if this comic is for real or a gimmick, all I know is I need more of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Avatar fairy, you rock. :hfive: This thread rocks. I love everything.

Seriously, this comic is a gift that keeps on giving. It's like an Advent calendar: there's a little something special tucked away into every single panel. I'm on tenterhooks waiting to see how this story ends.

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

While we're all here appreciating the fine works of lazerbot, let's not forget the understated work of his brother, shimshomo. I think Shimshomo is coming into his own with pieces such as "monkey smoking a pipe" and "B.ball man legacy of the balls".

He, too, is a budding comic-maker. His first comic "mario comic" is a sensitive and witty take on the obesity epidemic that's sweeping America.

So much talent between these two young men!

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

His show "micah rat" looks to be just as promising as his comic. Here's a synopsis in the creator's own words:

lazerbot posted:

this web page is about a animation cartoon about animals and there a adventures. The main character is a rat named micah. him and his dinosaur brother camrey hang out with a living peace of crap named lukie/lucas and a gay frog that has lipstick on and he is also deeply in love with micah. As the journey goes on they will run into some old friends and some knew one. This show has humor and some action

A gay frog, you say? :frog:

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Everdraed posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGrprj9D1QI&hd=1
Finished the first page, hurray!

Well done! Some great voices here, especially for Shadow. As I said before these are a lot of work so no idea when I'll start the next page, but I'll probably look through the different voices that are posted and pick whichever single recording for each line is funniest, since consistency just fetters silliness.

Holy poo poo. That was incredible. This thread keeps topping itself and I hope this amazing ride never, ever stops.

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Beaten like a sissy Luigi to painting this panel ( to Beatwad, awesome job). Here's my take on it:

Tails Gets Slapped Punched By A White Troll.

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

pr0digal posted:

This truly is the thread that keeps on giving

And someone buy lazerbot a Wacom tablet already!

Nah, no tablet. He should stay true to his implement of choice. I think his work would lose certain magical touches if he were to actually get a tablet. There's something that's just right about the mouse-drawn quality of the comic coupled with the plot and dialogue and artifacting and weirdly aliased coloring. It works. The comic needs to be drawn by mouse.

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

pengun101 posted:

he posted a new chapter

Awww hell yeah, Fudd's back. I'm pumped for this chapter.

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Without getting too much into internet detective-y poo poo, I'll just say that there's good evidence this guy is the real deal.

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

100Dachshunds posted:

i want that wabbit

Yesssss. It's so beautiful. I hope lazerbot treats us to more Fudd action in the upcoming chapter!

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Everdraed posted:

Phew, it's done! Ch 1 Pg 2 of the Tails Got Trolled Story:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJIUkr4_1U0&hd=1

Everything about this is just the way it should be. Everdraed, you rock.

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Nunez posted:

So much goddamn betrayal in this comic.

"No GBS, it turns out you're the betrayer."

This thing is going to end like Hamlet. It has Shakespearean Tragedy written all over it.

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Took me a second to parse what "sint" is supposed to be. I guess among his many other talents, Mario's got the nose of a bloodhound.

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

If the Trix rabbit is there, it only makes sense for the Lucky Charms fellow to be in cahoots as well. The former never gets his cereal, the latter is always pursued for his. Trooooolls!

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

The Defenders are just like Organization XIII. :allears: If Kingdom Hearts somehow gets involved in this, it would be the perfect storm of annoying internet fandoms.

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

derp posted:

i think this is asking to be made into an avatar

Intentional or unintentional Zero Wing reference? You decide!

(Someone set up you the bomb, Pac-Man. Clearly.)

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Fudd avatar crew represent. He's really rocking this chapter. Peace bitches.

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Imagining Knuckles' lines in his voice from this thread/the animated version makes the comic experience so much more compelling.

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

I guess you could say that Knuckles is something of a loose cannon canan in this comic. :rimshot:

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

cletepurcel posted:

Elmer status: still the best character in the strip.

Always has been. Rob's a pretty close second, though.

Just when I think this strip couldn't pull any more punches, it gives us Fudd with dark magical powers. Props, lazerbot.

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Gaseous Snake posted:

And they go back into his death sack. That just makes it all the more creepy
edit: "ducky" :stare:

It's even better if you imagine Fudd's classic laugh after that sentence.

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

simplefish posted:

Also: what is with vertical eye scars and this comic?

Honest answer? Probably anime.

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

elitebuster posted:

I'm totally loving the fact that Hulk is apparently smarter than shadow, bowser, or knuckles.

Hey now. Knuckles just hasn't smoked his smart weed yet.

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Not misunderstood, just retarded. In the game he was introduced in he was tricked by a Shadow re-color (yes, a re-color of a re-color) to go back in time from his post-apocalyptic future to the present to kill Sonic. Doing this would supposedly save his future. Then he finds out he's been tricked and suddenly he's good. Then Sonic and a talking poser model go back in time and stop the game from happening.

Makes me glad I never played any Sonic games besides the Genesis ones. Because seriously, what?! Why did they try to give Sonic games any kind of plot besides "Eggman makes robots and steals chaos emeralds, Sonic fights Eggman, gets all the rings, gets all the chaos emeralds, and destroys the robots. Also sometimes his fox buddy and echidna frenemy come along"? No telekinetic, brooding space hedgehogs from the past and the future need apply.

So, uh, props to lazerbot for making me even remotely interested in a bunch of terrible Sonic sequel characters. He did what Sega could not.

E: Since we have some Sonic-knowledgeable people in the thread... was Fang/Nack the Weasel ever used in newer Sonic games like Generations? He was a pretty okay villain in his first appearance (in Triple Trouble for Game Gear, hah) but it seems like Sega forgot he ever existed.

Strongylocentrotus fucked around with this message at 04:33 on May 31, 2012

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Aristobulus posted:

I really don't know why they've dropped him, but brought back basically everyone else except Mighty and Ray. Nack was awesome, and I firmly believe he's one of the best Sonic characters.

Agreed. And Triple Trouble has been severely underrated as one of the classic Sonic games. It may have been exclusive to the clunkiest, most awkward handheld console known to man, but gameplay-wise it was on par with the Genesis games. I played the hell out of it when I was a kid.

Aristobulus posted:

I always thought he was like Sonic's version of Wario. Purely motivated by greed, a true neutral, and doesn't give a poo poo about anything but himself, not good or evil sides.

On a TGT note, I personally thought it would've been hilarious if the guy that sniped Porky's wife and kid was Nack.

That would have been an absolute masterstroke out of fuckin' nowhere. Of course I'm not disappointed with what we got in the latest pages; just, having Nack snipe Porky's wife and kid would have been the cherry on top of the sundae. Especially because lazerbot has a knack (badum-shh) for bringing in obscure characters when you least expect it.

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Aristobulus posted:

He's been in three, really. Triple Trouble, Drift 2, and Sonic the Fighters. Not like anyone ever played the latter two until Sonic Gems collection came out though.

Hey. Hey. Some of us had Game Gears. Yeah, I had Drift 2 when it first came out, what about it. :colbert:

nerdbot posted:

Go look up the page for Waluigi where they suggest that Waluigi and Eggman are best friends.

Lazerbot, please make this happen.

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

If you haven't played Sonic Generations, do it. It's pretty cheap on Steam right now too IIRC. Sonic Colors for Wii is pretty good too.

As for Fang/Nack, there's a pretty interesting explanation of his situation here.

I may give it a try. While I don't game much anymore, I can't say no to a mindless oldschool-style game. I've heard enough good things about Generations here and elsewhere to be tempted.

Also, interesting article. Gonna guess that it's not so much an issue of character ownership/copyright as it is of finding a role for Fang. I'm all for them getting rid of Furry McBatTits and replacing her with Fang, but Sega's probably worried that their horrible fanbase would throw a fit if they nixed her. People like us would welcome the change, but on the other hand, there's the Sonic fandom...

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Pigbuster posted:

The best thing on the Sonic wiki:

On the subject of Rouge, a goon called StevenM made a couple redesigns of Rouge a while ago and they're hella rad.

I'm kinda mad that these aren't the actual designs, since they're leaps and bounds better. They actually make her look like a master thief, for one.

Sega needs to hire this dude because those designs are more true to the original Sonic look and feel than any of the new ones.

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

l33t b4c0n posted:

Sonic fans

Not quite: none of us have Sonic recolor fancharacters yet. We may have stared into the abyss that is Sonic, but we've a long way to go before hitting rock bottom.

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Otterspace posted:

I wonder if theres any Loony Tunes fans in this thread like there are Sonic fans?

Looney Tunes are awesome. Anyone who doesn't enjoy Looney Tunes lacks a heart. gently caress all the newfangled reboots, though. (:corsair:)

I wish they still played reruns of the classic stuff on Cartoon Network. Kids these days don't appreciate a good anvil gag anymore. Except for lazerbot, lazerbot totally gets this poo poo.

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Knuckles. :allears: You glorious bastard. Definitely the best page this chapter and quite possibly Knuckles' greatest moment in the comic so far.

This is begging to be someone's avatar text, preferably accompanied by one of the :350: Knuckles panels:

thats pretty much it
we all got high
it was sweet you should of been there

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Undead Unicorn posted:

Lazerbot really is making Shadow a serial killer and a villain. Villains wasn't the answer, villains really wasn't the answer.

Sonic was right all along.

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Lazerbot is a true neutral.

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

JazzFlight posted:

Alright, alright, alright...
Chapter 4, Part 1 is here, dudes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwLapAwIwkk

More on the way soon.

Nice use of Wolf's Rain music. Never imagined I'd be seeing Sonic and friends getting the crap beaten of of them to the tune of Darcia's theme. As always, Aramek's voice acting is incredible. I eagerly await Knuckles' return, I think his voice is my favorite of them all.

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Plutonis posted:

The same Elmer Fud that kept saying "i wanted that wabbit" is now Earth's greatest expert on robotics. That's it. That's what we were waiting for.

I am so proud of how far Fudd has come. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

I feel like this panel's not getting enough love. Now available in icon form.