Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.
Wow, this is pretty mind bending. :psyduck:

It's really hard for me to believe this isn't intentionally terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

Everdraed, so you don't burn yourself out, I highly suggest just animating a few of the more...iconic scenes, than trying to animate the entire run of the comics.

But good god drat job on what you've done so far, anyway, it's fuckin' magical. This whole thing is magical.

Really eager to see what other crazy poo poo happens. Bet he makes Shadow the true protagonist, would make sense that a guy that creates this strange thing idolizes Shadow.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

Wow. Now I wonder if he's going to actually get an account here and post here, since he's actively reading this thread, at least.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

Krinkle posted:

that crescent moon literally has the dark side carved away

Eggman shot and destroyed part of the moon in Sonic Adventure 2. Lazerbot is surprisingly good at keeping canon with small details. This is pretty amusing to me. :v:

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

It would be the best thing in the world if Knuckles plan actually works.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

Gaseous Snake posted:

What are penta kills? I take it they're some League of Legends thing?

A dota thing basically. When you get the killing blow on every member of the opposing team.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

Oh my god Kuribo's shoe I totally did not see this one coming.

I thought he'd be morphing into a cape or raccoon suit or something.

Totally need to see Metal Mario or some poo poo now though.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

Schwarzwald posted:

There is one critical Mario power-up that hasn't been shown yet in comic.

It actually was. Luigi had one - but I don't think he got to use it before he got killed.

Either that or he somehow died through the starman.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

You'd think that all you need are some loving ear plugs to survive that. Who knows maybe Mario is more savvy than Luigi.

Or since he telegraphs it like hell, why Luigi didn't just cover his ears like apparently everyone else in the room did.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

Honestly I'm getting bored of this fight because he's not making it balanced at all. It's just Troll King completely stomping over Mario again and again.

Mario only seems to be putting up a fight in the sense that he hasn't actually died yet, but he hasn't actually even scratched Troll King. That makes it pretty boring cause there's no suspense about who is going to win.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

This isn't even an anime bad habit, honestly, it's just a bad habit. Even DBZ would have balanced fights where both sides would get hits in before one side gained ungodly amounts of power from out the inner reaches of their rear end and then destroy the other person.

And DBZ is far, far from the king of "interesting fight scenes". It was highly repetitive and predictable and I've never been a fan of it. Just saying that even it made an effort to make fights balanced throughout.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

Sniper Party posted:

BSS can be read without a forums account, if I remember my lurking days right.

BSS can definitely be read without a forums account - easy to see this if you just log out and check.

Although it's possible Lazerbot was just checking GBS to find the thread and since it got moved will lose track of it. I've definitely seen people completely miss a thread because it got moved, before.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

Oh neat, this clarifies that Luigi didn't actually get to use the starman before he died. I was worried that Troll King was so powerful he had killed Luigi through a star power.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

I actually like that Mario was reasonable enough to have more starmen on him. If it was effective once there would be little reason to not just keep using it.

Though I am actually curious now if those Kill Words are somehow one use or something, so the Troll King can't just spam a single word and kill everyone, he actually has to think about when and where to use them. A lot more interesting if they are limited. It would explain why he knows more than one, too.

Also worth pointing out that it didn't actually instantly kill Mario. Just hurt him a lot and set him up to be killed, but it's significantly different than how it affected Luigi.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

Simmerl posted:

Why should Star Mario be more powerful than Super Sonic anyway?

Why would you want to watch something like that, lazerbot? :(

Who says he is? I don't think Sonic ever turned super in this.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

kidcoelacanth posted:

Is... is that Gary Oak?

I'm sure it's not meant to be, but damned if it doesn't look like it.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

Spaceman One posted:

What does "badie" mean? Is the troll calling him a "baddie", as in a bad guy? Doesn't seem like a very troll-like insult. Is it another League of Legends thing?

Also, just how many trolls have broken into the apartment? Purple mohawk troll, fu manchu beard troll, blue-skinned troll and Gary Oak troll? lazerbot is letting these panels get too zoomed in...the scene needs to *breathe*.

Yes, "badie" is "baddie". It's what you call someone who is terrible at a game. Look "noob", essentially.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

Of all the things I thought were about to happen, this is most certainly not one of them.

Jesus.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

Oh

Oh my god.

I - I don't. He actually did it. Elmer loving Fudd is a loving necromancer.

This guy is a loving genius.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

Speedboat Jones posted:

This is the funniest thing I've heard all day. I can just imagine Bugs and Daffy in a remake of Altered Beast now. Kinda hoping Lazerbot has played other Sega games besides Sonic now. :allears:

Oh god what if Toejam and Earl showed up. :supaburn:

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

Nilbop posted:

In fact he's annoyed with himself for not predicting that Elmer Fudd would turn out to be a necromancer who carries the corpses of his enemies around in a burlap sack to raise as grisly soldiers.

Probably because of all the planning he did.

Also there's been like 3 gunshots and Blaze is still in her room going doop-de-doop at least I'm safe from rape here.

It's really funny because by all rights Blaze should be as powerful as Silver.

Then again Elmer Fudd is a necromancer so I guess anything goes.

I don't think I'll ever get over that Elmer Fudd is a necromancer. I'm going to think of this every time I see Looney Tunes.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

Rustie posted:

I'll admit I, like many others, was ready to jump ship after that Mario fight kept dragging on. But oh my god, the insanity is back in such a glorious way.

Part of me wishes Daffy and Bugs weren't just puppets though, I miss those guys.

Personally, I don't like that Robotnik got taken out so early. I feel like there could've been a lot of potential in his character.

But that's the drama of this thing!

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

bbf2 posted:

Serious question - has there ever been a thread which spawned more avatars than this thread? (Other than the threads specifically about avatar requests obviously)

Trust me the Mass Effect threads have spawned tons of avatars. :v:

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

I'm just curious if any more Sonic characters will show up. It's interesting how at first this seemed like a totally Sonic focused thing but it's become so much more than that now.

Sonic is dead and now Silver of all people is in a leading role. I have always hated Silver, it's really strange that this comic can make me find him interesting.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

Otterspace posted:

Bleh, keep Jar Jar out of it.

On the other hand, Lazerbot has turned Silver the Hedgehog into an interesting character. If he can do that, he can probably make Jar Jar interesting, too.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

Oh my god this comic is so loving unpredictable. A few pages ago we were watching Mario and Troll King have a DBZ fight. Now...this.

Can you imagine how surreal it'd be if this was just the rest of the comic and the whole Troll King plot never showed up again?

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

Narmi posted:

No as of yet but given that he's encouraging the designated driver to get drunk I wouldn't be surprised if he was a troll (or just a really bad bartender).

Does the bartender even know that he's the designated driver?

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

nerdbot posted:

$5 says she's a succubus

If she turns out to be Morrigan Aensland.

I don't even know. I've just given up trying to predict this comic. I just can't.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

That's quite the :stare: Wile E. has goin' on there.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

I'm really loving the phrase "You can keep that brah"

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

Holy poo poo he just straight up killed Jerry with poisoned milk. I thought it was gonna be with the satanic powers or something.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

God drat it sucks to be Porky.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

Check out that giant Eggman head. Fudd bringing him back as a zombie is gonna be interesting.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

Wandering Knitter posted:

That looks...fun? :aaaaa:

I'm not used to a Sonic game looking fun. I guess I should go rent it sometime.

Generations is amazing, and Colors is short but also really good. I'd easily say Generations is worth owning, not just renting. Rent Colors though.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

Strongylocentrotus posted:

E: Since we have some Sonic-knowledgeable people in the thread... was Fang/Nack the Weasel ever used in newer Sonic games like Generations? He was a pretty okay villain in his first appearance (in Triple Trouble for Game Gear, hah) but it seems like Sega forgot he ever existed.

Unfortunately, Nack hasn't appeared since Sonic the Fighters. He had a wanted poster in Generations...but no real appearance.

I really don't know why they've dropped him, but brought back basically everyone else except Mighty and Ray. Nack was awesome, and I firmly believe he's one of the best Sonic characters.

I always thought he was like Sonic's version of Wario. Purely motivated by greed, a true neutral, and doesn't give a poo poo about anything but himself, not good or evil sides.

On a TGT note, I personally thought it would've been hilarious if the guy that sniped Porky's wife and kid was Nack.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

Metal Loaf posted:

It's kind of weird how he became a relatively important supporting villain in the various Sonic comic books considering that he only appeared in that one game.

He's been in three, really. Triple Trouble, Drift 2, and Sonic the Fighters. Not like anyone ever played the latter two until Sonic Gems collection came out though.

But the comics use him because he's just a good character and has potential.

Is he really a relatively important supporting villain in the comics? At least, the Archie comics...hasn't he only had a small handful of appearances, and the last one was ages ago when he escapes from Sonic and friends' prison?

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

To be honest the latest big console Sonic games have actually been pretty good. There hasn't really been a heavily story-based one since the game Silver was in (well, there was a DS RPG by Bioware but let's not talk about that) and most likely never will be after the backlash.

If you haven't played Sonic Generations, do it. It's pretty cheap on Steam right now too IIRC. Sonic Colors for Wii is pretty good too.

It's interesting. Ever since 2k6, the Sonic games have completely stopped taking themselves seriously, which is a good thing. The story cutscenes in Colors are actually amazing, especially due to Eggman who has the best dialogue in the game.

His PA announcements are also absolutely golden.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvS7ewAkwEA

quote:

As for Fang/Nack, there's a pretty interesting explanation of his situation here.
Wow I've never seen that article. It still seems like a lot of theory and guesswork, though. I find it funny they bring up as a reason Nack hasn't come back - is Rouge. As if that's really an issue, and also as if people even like Rouge.

Most people hate her. They could just flat out replace her with Nack and very few people would care. Personally, I don't see a good reason you can't have both existing, if they don't want to just replace her with Nack.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

Pigbuster posted:

The best thing on the Sonic wiki:

On the subject of Rouge, a goon called StevenM made a couple redesigns of Rouge a while ago and they're hella rad.

I'm kinda mad that these aren't the actual designs, since they're leaps and bounds better. They actually make her look like a master thief, for one.

I like the first one the best mostly because I don't like the tuft of hair and I really like those style of wings.

Honestly, if they brought Nack back, I think they could do something interesting with a rivalry between him and Rouge. Makes more sense than a Knuckles/Rouge rivalry, anyway. Or maybe they even work together, who knows.

But yeah, those designs are good, especially for making her look like a thief. The cloak really sells it, but then you give up showing off her wings...

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

l33t b4c0n posted:

When did this thread become the internet central for Sonic fans? Christ people, you've been drawn so far into TGT that you don't realize what you have become!

Well it is Tails gets Trolled, after all! :v:

That and we're just waiting on an update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

Oh my god Knuckles is just amazing. This really is magical - he actually had a plan and did it and nothing went wrong.

I like how it's a mix of Knuckles just loving around doing whatever he wants and actually being more useful than any of them have been, because finding and mapping out all of their camps is just an incredible amount of power.