Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Now I'm really curious though: This is the second time that we've seen a weird daydream in this fight. Plus, Lazy-B stated outright that Rob was dead. Something's gotta be up with that. I hate to think that Lazy-B brought back Rob just because of the fandom's outcry!

There's a theory that states that odd ill-fitting memories are actually memories of alternate timelines. It ties in with the quantum immortality theory. It's a thing, look it up.

Edit:

Forer posted:

Could these things [actually] be happening and rob is just quicksaving and quickloading?

Didn't see this. But it's like that.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Nov 29, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
I've asked this a couple of times before - is Lazerbot aware that the paywall's been taken down and that he can read the thread again?

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

bonesquid posted:

You weren't supposed to tell him

Man, Hellbans just aren't what they used to be.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

azurite posted:

It looks like we may face more delays, because Lazerbot's laptop charger is broken. :(

If he were to set up a Paypal account, he'd recieve more money than Tim Buckley.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Fucknag posted:

Man, the wait for updates is starting to get to me. My :chillpill: is nigh on body temperature by this point.

The only way for updates to come soon is for someone to get Lazerbot a new laptop charger. They'd need to ask what kind, and finding it might not be easy. And, of course, he'd probably need to be coaxed into giving his address, which must never be leaked.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Dec 17, 2012

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

For those unfamiliar with Sifl and Olly, say goodbye to four and a half hours of your life.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

my dad posted:

Paywall.

Where and when exactly does the paywall move from subforum to subforum? Is it a subforum whitelist or a subforum blacklist?

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Baronjutter posted:

This is pretty rad

I want you all to let this sink in: Lazerbot made a rageface comic character awesome.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Satanos posted:

Is Trollface moving around in that early 1900s Disney style? Because if so, that's awesome.

He's come full circle. After modernizing classic children's characters and making them mature, he's classic-ized a modern concept. Steamboat Trollface!

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Feb 3, 2013

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

I've just realized that with its appearances in the cartoons being rare, the sight of Wile's open mouth is very satisfying to see.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Theory: The Troll King does not remember how to correctly write the words of death, perhaps because he is stupid or illiterate. Reading them is the only way to learn how to say them, because if you hear them, you die.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Jul 22, 2013

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Jingai Jigokumoto posted:

I don't think he can because of the current paywall for non members.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUpcl_P9ZTw&list=TL7KSnrEz_Dps

Data Graham posted:

And that's why the comic has gotten good again. :v:
How often does the paywall get lifted and returned? Is it automated, or is it all down to the capricious whims of Lowtax?

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

That last page is... something entirely new. I have no choice but to approve.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Breadallelogram posted:

He looks like a character from those bitstrips comics.

I've made the character publicly available here. And if anyone doesn't know how to make a custom pose, double-click a character and where there's a yellow border around it, drag the individual parts.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Apr 29, 2023

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Here's the full story:

quote:

no its not someone i know, a fan of mine ask me to put his character in the comic for a part and in return he help spread the word and that is what i did, that and he is sort of a troll so i thought i would make fun of his character in the process seeing he asked for it

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

JazzFlight posted:

Aramek recorded the voice acting for Chapter 5 and Chapter 6, but I've procrastinated past Chapter 4. It'll pick up again, I just don't have any time guarantees. Once I get rolling, I definitely have fun animating it.

Here's where I left off:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iM_yaYwhz0I

Will giving you money help? Because if it will then so help me I will throw it at your face.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

You realize what Lazerbot's done, right? He's obviously used references, possibly photographic, for the new character. After Lazeyfying games and cartoons, Lazerbot may have begun applying his magical touch to our own reality.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Raserys posted:

Meanwhile, everyone else is dead, the Troll King has conquered the world, Sonic's ghost looks down and sheds a single tear

Lazy to the B posted:

well if you notice the page all these pages here was actually what was taking place while the fight was going on, so rather the time frame in the battle field has not moved forward just went back to other peoples stories, that everyone was curious about, when this is over it will get back to the rest of the fights

Never doubt him again.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Another page is due today. I hope it A. comes soon and B. doesn't make this thread any worse.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Scratchman Apoo posted:

I hope Lazerbot makes that weird Batmanish Sonic picture you see when you punch in a password a character.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Mr. Flunchy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbhX7XKgkDU

This started playing in my head right away as soon as I saw the last panel.

You always remember your first Robotnik theme.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

visceril posted:

Gilgamesh is battling Son-Goku but I think Homer literally forgot that was happening when he started writing this poo poo.

Which forgotten battle are you referring to, and has anyone reminded Lazerbot about it?

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Has anyone reminded LB of THAT?

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

That's it, I'm messaging Ruttiger about this and if he tells me to go and kill myself or something so be it.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Jun 7, 2014

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

simplefish posted:

LazyB is going to wake up in 3 years time on his way off to college and realise that he's still drawing Arthur in a wizard cloak and hat. He's going to want to wrap it up soon, it's probably not as cool or epic as he thought even last year. People get older; people change.

He and his comic have already changed over the course of the comic's run. This started as Tails getting trolled and him and his freinds trying to deal with it. The process isn't over.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

nexus6 posted:

Did Tails gets Trolled get abandoned or something?

Apart from the most recent Underbite Troll pages, here's the new TGT page:

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

'Finna' is what 'gonna' becomes when you type 'f' instead of 'g' and 'i' instead of 'o'.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

The PRESENT? I forgot there was a flashback! Or was that a flashFORWARD? gently caress!

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

no

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Chump Farts posted:

Please don't bother the hosed up weirdo guy or the sonics might stop making swears.

Finally, after all these years, Something Awful adopts Portal of Evil's Prime DIrective.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

poo poo, his eye's acting up. I was hoping for another trip to the abyss of the unknown.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

RiskyChris posted:

Why are people talking about TGT ending? Isn't he just talking about this 7 year fight ending? :ohdear:

He's already said that it's the conclusion of the fight. It's just that so much time has passed that the word of Lazerbot keeps getting misinterpreted or outright forgotten. This is basically a religion at this point.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

tiistai posted:

Get on with it

lazerbot posted:

fight scene
Contradiction detected.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

He has gazed into the face of madness many times. The cosmic core of primordial chaos. The universe's uncaring coldness toward all life. And its name is ACME.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

A theory as to how the final phase of the battle might begin:

Demaro does The Eye Thing. Coyote finds himself by the fountain and sees The One-Eyed Nightmare. Coyote, trying to run from the creature which effortlessly gains on him, theorizes that he is in some kind of mental world, which he might be able to gain some kind of control over if he can only escape his current nightmare - a typical nightmare about being helpless and relentlessly chased.

That's when it hits him. He's the one being chased. And, as all his theories were in thought bubbles, nobody's talking.

The verdant realm vanishes, replaced by a desert. Precarious natural rock formations. A road stretching into infinity.

And Coyote says three words.

"Meep-meep... fucker."

Pee-ow!

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

100YrsofAttitude posted:

As great as that is and it really is, how often does Lazerbot actually write using what'd be considered Canon traits? Like he uses these known media figures but gives them personalities unto himself that rarely have to do with how they're actually represented.

The thing is, Coyote canon is pretty damned simple. Lazerbot's had the desert and Road Runner, which isn't surprising beause they're exactly as famous as Coyote. The concepts are inseperable. Coyote's 'format' isn't merely canon, it's a goddamn mythos.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

RIP TGT, as Lazerbot devotes his time to the new comic even after he gets data from laptop

I am so disappointed that nobody is toxxing about this sort of thing. If I were a mod there would be mod challeneges everyfuckingwhere.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

VERY COOL MAN posted:

popped into the thread for the first time since 2018 yesterday & just caught up. im stunned this comic is not only still going but is actually hitting a creative peak lmao

Same here, except I... I think I need to start from the beginning.

I turn my back for literal years and this is what happens.

Cue the theme song.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

While other things were happening....

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Oct 27, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

In Marvel Comics (recently, I believe), there was a story in which Bruce Banner tries to kill himself, but keeps stopping himself by turning into the Hulk, leading him to realize that the Hulk doesn't actually represent anger. I didn't find out what he does represent, but I have a feeling it's something that works very well here: survival instinct. The Hulk isn't mad. He just want to get out of bad situations and eat food.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Oct 30, 2022