Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
Am I the only one who noticed that he confused the word "violence" and "villains?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
What is dragonborn a reference to? I googled it and there are like six different games/RPGs/whatever with that phrase.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
I don't think it's fair to say that Mario killing his parents is some sort of reflection of laserbot himself. The parents are pretty much the most exaggerated and stereotypical media portrayals of abusive/deadbeat parents possible. And it's been established and mentioned by other characters at this point that Mario is an unstable unfeeling psychopath who goes way too far, not someone to emulate. Giving a character like that a "parents were abusive, he finally snapped and killed them, that was the first step in the path to evil" is a pretty common villain backstory.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
Aramek's impression of Robotnik's voice from the 3D Sonic games is incredible.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

spregalia posted:

A new chapter means we can soon be wowed by JazzFlight's chapter 7 song.

Not quite as much material for him in that one I'm afraid. Other than a couple things in the Kario scene there weren't too many memorable quotes in this chapter.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

FrenchToasty posted:

Sylar never ate the brains did he? I thought his power was the ability to see how things worked. He just cut off the top of their heads, looked at their brains, and then knew how to do their power. Like how he could fix clocks so well just by looking at them.

Could have been way off though. I only watched the first two seasons too so it could have been revealed for all I know.

You're right, there was a later scene where we see him cut someone's head open and examine their brains. And Claire asks him if he eats the brains and he says "That's disgusting."

Man that show was so loving terrible

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
Elmer said it best.
im starting to get sad

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
Serious question - has there ever been a thread which spawned more avatars than this thread? (Other than the threads specifically about avatar requests obviously)

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Suben posted:

Oh my god, the Looney Tunes are going to be a sect of necromancers and/or occultists aren't they?

Or maybe just the "villains." I'm betting Yosemite Sam is in there, and probably Marvin the Martian.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

d00gZ posted:

Wait a second, Professor loving Pyg?!

What's wrong with Professor Pyg? That's a perfect villain for a children's cartoon show.

Somebodies gotta teach the kids about the dangers of lobotomies, facial mutilation, and castration :v:

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
I can't stop laughing at that painting. If a poster here said he drew it, I would just think it was awesome. But the fact that a poster got someone else who had no idea what it was in reference too (and probably doesn't even know who Tails is in general from the Sonic games) makes it both awesome and hilarious.

What was your dad's reaction when you showed him that? Was he just like "Okie dokie, I'll paint that cartoon character" without questioning, or did he ask what it was from or what? And did you try to explain it to him?

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
Oh man these last few pages have been incredible. All the increasingly outlandish poo poo was great too but for some reason just seeing all these wacky loony tunes characters dealing with mundane real-world "group of 20-something year old guys trying to go out drinking" problems like finding a designated driver and having to pacify the two guys in the group who don't like each other is immensely entertaining.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
What just happened?

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
Man I got nervous there for a second until I looked at it again and saw the obvious copy/pastes.

I should have had more faith in you lazerbot, I'm sorry for my doubts.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

SaltLick posted:

So is the legit end of the page with her summoning the dark lord or is there more? I don't even care about the goatse I just need more comic!

The last thing made by lazerbot was Porky being dragged off by her and Wile helping Elmer up.

The stuff about her summoning the dark lord was made entirely by that poster, if you look closely they're all panels from the last page copy/pasted and stretched out and all the dialogue was typed by him.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
Porky's portrayal in this comic sort of reminds me of Stevie Janikowski from Eastbound and Down.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Undead Unicorn posted:

Hey just a reminder to those you doubt Lazerbot's genius. Remember that scene where Porky the Pig told the hot woman he had sex with to gently caress off? He had a ring on and was beginning to say he had a wife.

How the gently caress does this comic have such weird loving foreshadowing and extremely weirdly high levels of continuity like Dr. Eggman's moonbase and Petunia Pig? I'm back to thinking this is some sort of elaborate troll.

The best source-material continuity linkage was when Kario mentioned that when Mario was born he gave him away to a stork and told him to get rid of the baby. You know, to explain the beginning of one of the Yoshi's island games where we saw baby Mario come from being dropped off by a stork.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Baronjutter posted:

I've never played any of the newer sonic games but I'm guessing my first impression of silver being awesome from this comic will be utterly dashed if I was to see his canon (caanon?) form in the games?

It's no use.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Strongylocentrotus posted:

Also, interesting article. Gonna guess that it's not so much an issue of character ownership/copyright as it is of finding a role for Fang. .

It's definitely not an issue of ownership/copyright since his name and picture showed up on a "Wanted" poster in Generations.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
It's a bit jarring coming back to the present and Silver and Tails after this long derail of the neutrals.

I enjoyed every minute of it though, it's funny how incredibly detailed the story became.

Also a lot of the story was told from Porky's point of view during times that the other four weren't even there, so I'm assuming one of them ate Porky's brain to get his memories at some point.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

The White Dragon posted:

Okay which one of you chucklefucks was on League the other night and laughed your rear end off when I was all "dumb rear end will learn ," at a really dumb rear end teammate?

In all fairness that's a pretty humorous phrase even if you don't know the story behind it.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

spregalia posted:

I always heard bad artists can't draw feet. Rob Liefeld

I'm only a casual comic book fan (haven't bought a single comic since 1996 or so, only vaguely follow storylines of characters I'm interested in through wikipedia and BSS threads every once in awhile, don't really pay much or any attention to differences between writers and especially not artists) but I knew exactly what was in that spoiler text before hovering over it.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

NextTime000 posted:

There is man look again

He was responding to the person who asked why it was there.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
Personally I can't wait to see what Cheeto Man is going to teach him.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Literally Kermit posted:

Oh man, I totally got this. I was made for this.

I do have to wait until my house-guests leave to record anything, as I do not want to explain why I am repeatedly saying a half hour monologue of Kermit the Frog waxing on the bizarre gotterdammerung of the Muppets

I promise to record and post a take tomorrow night.

Did you choose that username because you had a great Kermit the Frog impression?

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Phlegmish posted:

So Bowser is a member of Shadow's Troll Slaiyers, right? At this point I think I need a flowchart to keep track of who belongs to which faction.

Yeah when I saw that it took me awhile to remember that in this story Bowser is actually with the heroes and that Mario is a bad guy.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

QuantaStarFire posted:

I don't think this is wordy enough to be Kermit.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
Yes, I've been waiting to see Cheeto Man's training.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
There's another scientist in the story that we've been forgetting about...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2y0euGMhiM

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

You should use the Akon remix of Sweet Sweet Sweet for something, JazzFlight. It's amazingly terrible.

It still amazes me that they got a successful hip hop artist to write lyrics to a 16-bit video game song.

Also the Sonic 2 ending credits theme wasn't even like one of the 20 best songs from the Genesis Sonics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
Sonic can't be resurrected, he was decapitated.