Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

powerofrecall
Jun 26, 2009

by R. Guyovich

I was wanting to use this as an avatar, but I don't really have a good enough reason to spend the money right now. Maybe someone can get some use out of it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

powerofrecall
Jun 26, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I love this exchange

e: you mother gently caresser

powerofrecall
Jun 26, 2009

by R. Guyovich

davidspackage posted:

Dr. Katz-like squigglevision animations

Yeah, it works

powerofrecall
Jun 26, 2009

by R. Guyovich

No Real Pattern posted:

This looks so good. Can we please get some voice talent and make this a real thing?

I can do this to all the panels pretty easily. If we had voices would it look better with or without the speech bubbles? Hell it probably wouldn't even be all that hard to do some primitive animation, at least mouth movements, after having the voice work recorded.

powerofrecall
Jun 26, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Everdraed posted:

I have the first page blocked out and layered, and I recorded some vocals that can be kept or swapped out depending.

This is with a little bit of scribblemation, which I can increase when I'm actually putting out a video file and not a gif that needs to be compressed.

That almost looks TOO good, you know? Too smooth, at least the speech bubble thing. If this was going to be something moving, I just imagine it looking way shittier.

When I knocked together that gif of shadow it's just two frames in photoshop. The scribble is just the two frames using the "ocean ripple" filter at weak and slightly different settings.

powerofrecall
Jun 26, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I didn't notice "villains" until the thread did but now I read it more like "violins."

powerofrecall
Jun 26, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Everdraed posted:

I can definitely see where you're coming from, but I personally really enjoy taking something of mspaint quality and giving it the full motion comic treatment. The idea of this author just sort of coming upon his own comic, after it has been lavishly worked upon, makes me smile.

I guess I can see that too, the whole polishing-a-turd thing.

powerofrecall
Jun 26, 2009

by R. Guyovich

killstealing posted:

Me me me me me. I want. Unashamedly.

powerofrecall
Jun 26, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I could see that Tails unironically in a modern art gallery somewhere, titled something like "Second Player."

powerofrecall
Jun 26, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Sir Prancelot posted:

How much can a fox endure?

Too much time in the fox holes.

powerofrecall
Jun 26, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Sir Prancelot posted:

You'll have to pay the troll toll if you wanna get this fox's hole.

powerofrecall
Jun 26, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I think what I really love about this poo poo is how Sonic is a big weiner and Shadow's just a dick. Tails is a big pussy, Knuckles is... something, and pretty much all the characters are out of character. It's like the guy hates all the characters he's using.

Somewhere a congressman saw this, soberly shook his head in agreement, and opened a drawer in his desk. From it he removed a kickback check from the RIAA. "gently caress you, SOPA," he stammered. He found his resolve and stated, more surely than before, "gently caress you. gently caress you SOPA." He then tore the check into bits.

powerofrecall fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Feb 20, 2012

powerofrecall
Jun 26, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Lt Jon Kavanaugh posted:

This is a work of genius, but I hope the artist takes a break from playing online games. Getting so angry at people trolling you online that you make comics about trolls getting brutally murdered is not good for you.

I dunno man, it sure is good for me.

e: There's no way he can actually be 20, is there?

powerofrecall
Jun 26, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I never knew Sonic had to use so much product to keep those spikes standing up.

powerofrecall
Jun 26, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Prokhor your readings need to be set to this as a motion comic (by someone less lazy than myself).

powerofrecall
Jun 26, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Everdraed posted:

I'll finish this later, but in the meantime here's a rough of halfway through page one.

Alright, I can definitely see the merits of your approach now :sbahj:

e: please finish some of this please.

powerofrecall fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Feb 20, 2012

powerofrecall
Jun 26, 2009

by R. Guyovich

"Gee, my pits smell terrific!"

powerofrecall
Jun 26, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Well, here I am, attaching it to a post *clasps hands together in prayer*

e: did I miss something here? It doesn't really provide an image link

Only registered members can see post attachments!

powerofrecall
Jun 26, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I love it when all the artistic goons come out of the woodwork to contribute to threads like these. I'm always blown away by how many there are too and how probably none of them are on deviant art, despite their inherent superiority.

powerofrecall
Jun 26, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Aramek posted:

All the cool kids seem to be readings of this...thing, so, what's one more?

I think that's all of chapter one. At least, all of what was in the OP.

Best one so far, this has my vote, especially the Shadow, and how Sonic sounds like a cross between Jaleel White and Mr. Rogers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

powerofrecall
Jun 26, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Aramek's Knuckles sounds like Archie Bunker