Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I want to know how this happens.

How does "annihilated" end up in your usable vocabulary list but "prepare" does not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Aw for gently caress's sake. It took me until about 2/3 through the first batch of pages to realize that "villains" was supposed to be "violence", but I only just now made the connection of "embreaded" = "inbred".

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

This thread is only just getting started.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Trans-Angeles posted:

I can't help it I'm dying over here. In all my years of using the phrase ragged on I've never once considered the possibility of meaning it the way it was used in that panel. I've always took it to mean 'made fun of'.

It's funny, he's using "trolled" to mean "made fun of". There's some serious language evolution going on right in front of us here.

"These guys trolled me so I ragged on them!"

It's like going to Britain and making a joke about being "stuffed" at dinner and having everyone look at you awkwardly.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

athena posted:

I'm not sure what you mean, I'm British and I use the term stuffed to describe being full of food :confused:

Maybe it's no longer applicable as the definitive transatlantic confusion example or something. I was going to update the post to say something about mixing up "tramp" and "bum" and "fanny" but realized I was being distracting enough as it was.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I have this mental image of him taking progressive screenshots of the thread and emailing them all to himself so he can read them via MS Paint.

Next he needs to upload a youtube video of the process, taken with a camcorder pointed at the screen.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

As long as we don't rag on him.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Evilreaver posted:

Is there anyone in Game of Thrones who doesn't have ears?

I read that in a really petulant, disgusted voice. "God dammit! Is there anyone on this loving show who doesn't have ears?!" :argh:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

That's a loving awesome plan.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Heran Bago posted:

In Super Mario Bros through Super Mario World when Mario shoots fire he puts his hand to his mouth. I can not believe he put in both that and the blue shell. The whistling was probably for Yoshi but still!

He wasn't just throwing overhand? :pwn:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Did he correct the spelling of "witch" by putting a strikethrough on the "t"?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

though's dreams.

You guys are right, he is using more apostrophes!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

For a second I thought you meant like this is what Namco had in mind all along.

...Unless, wait, you probably did.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

On that subject — this might just be me, but I read Pac-Man's "wakka wakka" noises more as Fozzie Bear than Pac-Man.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Clearly every misspelling and every odd word wrap split has deep extranarrative significance.

Let's get some numerology up in this.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I tried doing a high shovel today with a contractor at a job site.

He didn't get it :smith:

I want to see this in a comedy sketch.

It's like an Arrested Development outtake or something.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Something like this:

:confused:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Why have we not fixed the thread title in deference to the author's creative intent?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Wow, only now did I get that a) the Troll Slaiyers intro scene is a Reservoir Dogs homage, and b) the guy with no ears might be ... uh.... an extension of the same reference. :psyduck:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Lazerbot lives in some kind of Mad Max/Reaver world where the spiky carapace of frail and poorly integrated technology he has accreted around himself is under constant threat from the elements and jealous rival forces seeking to steal or destroy small parts of it.

And yet he soldiers on. Because his story must be told.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

On CNN yesterday there was a crawl headline of "Clinton: 'Terrorists keep trying'".

Which of course I read as "trolls be trollin".

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

ElementaryScotty posted:

Part of the reason I always disliked Jerry was that as a kid, I used to hear war stories from my grandfather and he'd talk about "Tommies" and "Jerries". I suppose I sort of put two and two together and got upset when Jerry came out on top.

Holy gently caress. The things I learn in this most magical of threads.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

simplefish posted:

They opened their mouths. I wouldn't mind so much if the voices were reasonable. Jarry has Simba's voice box or some poo poo like that, and Tom is just so far off it's unreal. I stopped watching right away. Tom and Jerry don't speak...

Don't miss the Nostalgia Critic on that movie (if you like the Nostalgia Critic).

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Now now, don't rag on them.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I have the odd feeling that he came up with the whole necromancer plot arc right about when he figured out how to make smooth curves with the pen tool.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND posted:

Hahahah.

Coyote just setting everything straight. Calm down Porky, you have a kid to raise, a wife to love, and demonic corpse puppets to string along.

"Meanwhile, I'll just ... be over here."

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Backweb posted:

They give instructions on how to set your browser icon to be a basketball on netscape...

Sorry to add to a potential derail, but why is this www2? I'm so confused :psyduck:

Because back then load-balancing meant "let the user pick a web server manually".

(Not really but close enough)

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Aramek's bizarre out-of-left-field choices for voices is completely in the spirit of TGT.

Peg Pelvis Pete as Robotnik. That's pure delicious insanity.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I knew I was in for a treat when I got my first glimpse of the OK THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED :haw: frame. That is genuinely hilariously well drawn.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

To hell with a soupçon, I'd say it's more like a soupcan of defiance. :black101:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

With all this comic's emphasis on planning, Lazerbot has a fine future as a middle manager somewhere.

Seriously, I spend all day in a cubicle wishing I didn't have to plan poo poo all the time. Lazerbot seems to relish it.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I am in awe of Kermit's ability to tell that story without a single piece of appropriate punctuation.

IT'S ALL ONE SENTENCE

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Aramek, buddy. He's writing this poo poo for you.

You got this, bro.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

JazzFlight posted:

Sweeeeeeeeet. (y)
(thats was supose to be a thumbs up)

Whoa whoa whoa wait.

You mean "(y)" is supposed to be some kind of thumbs-up emote?

Because I tried seeing it that way and all I could see was a female crotch shot.

E: Huh. My mind continues to be broadened by the experience of this comic.

Data Graham fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jul 16, 2012

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The Fucky posted:

This is my new favorite page of Tails Gets Trolled. It only gets better as it gets more self-aware. "chaka or chakra or what ever its called" from someone you just know has seen a lot of anime.

A master of a mystic technique who doesn't know or care what the terminology is or how to teach it.

Now I feel like Kill Bill would have been better if Pai Mei was all like "You just need to like focus or something, I'm taking a nap".

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I read that as "how many people can a bullet go through before it stops due to lack of interest".

:effort:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Look how many consecutive frames there are of the grisly mass death.

Like Beavis scribbling explosions onto stick figures on animation paper, the images coming to life as he grinds his pencil to a nub; reaching for another sheet, and doing it over and over and over.

There's a horrible beauty to what we've just witnessed here. All context considered, this is one of the most intense things I've ever seen.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Meet the Feebles is genuinely good and weirdly heartfelt/touching. :colbert:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

HULK
HULK
INCREDIBLE HULK

(Cheeto man!)

HULK
HULK
INCREDIBLE HULK

(Cheeto man!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Lazerbot does not use words like "scion" and "phantasmagoria".

We are being trolled.