Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Really, it's got everything. Current events, internet subculture clashes, cyber-espionage...

If they made a movie about freaking Facebook, this should at least rate an after-school special.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

There's something so meta about the hacker saga. It's like the trolls don't want Lazerbot telling the world their secrets. And yet he is the master; he holds the secrets already.

Now all we need is a shapeshifter/impersonation subplot.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Whaddya mean "could"?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

If Lazerbot were ever subjected to torture, he'd be all like "Name, rank, serial number, :fut:"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Thanks to the domain and the new DA, I'm consistently reading it as Tails Get Strolled now.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Nice.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Can't a mod be cajoled into making someone else the OP or thread owner?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

And catalog all the fanart and music and set up a discussion forum and oh wait

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

From a safe distance

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Talk about an impenetrable fortress.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

And so the TGT fandom developed its first schism.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Bloodly posted:

I swear to god I've SEEN that thing before, but where? Why do I wanna say Zelda?

Dude, it's a Tektite.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Schwarzwald posted:

Of course ghosts don't have any legs, haven't any of you played Pacman?

:iiam:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I don't want to wait for ten more chapters or whatever. ARAMEK GET IN HERE RIGHT NOW :haw:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

That guy's face is killing me.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Mystic_Squid posted:

They're just gonna jab the trolls to death with spears. 300 of them. That's their plan. gently caress that's hilarious.

This is not unlike Picasso, Annie Oakley, and Evil George Washington conspiring to kill off the human race using rocks.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Capitol Critters.

E: everybody think of every possible outcome to make sure he doesn't catch us by surprise! :haw:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

This thing just keeps getting more meta, but never in quite the way I expect.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I'm impressed as hell that he's kept it going at this rate, without flagging—if anything, getting faster. He's just belting them out. Making a page a day is a hell of a task, and he's been at it for how many months now? He's taken a couple of breaks, but he always just leaps right back into it, account thieves and critics be damned. Day after day after day.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Check out that swanky Dutch angle on the second-to-last panel.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

ThatPazuzu posted:

Really? I thought it was just a demon spirit hosting itself in Demaro's body, but not a physical being. Like, it needs a host body because it can't exist on it's own and uses Demaro to get more souls to eat so it can become stronger. I bet it could even leave Demaro and enter a better vessel... perhaps Shadow.

hmmmmmm

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I don't believe he's totally clear on the significance of the term "goon".

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

If he had put "this is dragonballz see the difference" up at the top, it wouldn't have been nearly as funny. So much of the humor of this page comes from the "okay whaaaaat the gently caress is goin on" feeling as it builds up and up and up, and then right at the climax he drops that bomb.

Guy's coming up with all the established rules of comedy by inventing them on his own.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

That plus a meta joke about the word balloon, plus a suspiciously correct spelling/usage of "relevance"... I think the "Octocat" theory might be back in play.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Has anybody, like, talked to any mods about the situation?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

nerdbot posted:

I've brought it up before but the story always read as a deconstruction of its Deviantart ilk to me. The initial Sonic characters acting outside their personality and murdering trolls is something FAMILIAR to most of us, but the way he turns these things on their head and ends up displaying an actual message can't be glossed over and is certainly why we're still here.

But on top of this it's interesting to note that TGT does not IGNORE its characters outright. Mario is nothing like the "real" Mario, but he still has the same relationships with Bowser, Luigi and Peach, still uses power ups, and his Kario backstory ties into Yoshi's Island. Though LB's Mario portrayal is his own character, it still relies on our familiarity with Mario himself.

Yeah, it's a common enough concept for the "mashing your action figures together" kind of interpretation for the kid to have no idea what any of the characters in question actually are, or to care about their canon histories or personalities. I know that when I was a kid, my brother and I invented a whole universe starring various Battle Beasts, M.U.S.C.L.E. men, and G.I. Joe figures we'd scrounged up from random playgrounds and other kids' cast-off collections. We had no idea who or what any of them were supposed to be; we just made it all up.

Some of them, of course, we had some vague idea of what they were supposed to be like. We knew whether each of the Transformers was supposed to be an Autobot or a Decepticon, for example, and what they turned into. But as for personalities, they just grew organically, and totally independent of any canon source. Even if we'd known what they were like canonically, we didn't care—because it was funnier to make up our own interpretations. Physical capabilities and mechanics felt like natural constraints on the characters. Personalities didn't.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

There's accuracy and then there's precision.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

This comic makes me happy with joy.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

cyfad posted:

(he always had that chin beard in my head)

I love that we have to specify "chin beard" nowadays :neckbeard:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

You got served, Plutonis.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Man, there's fanservice and then there's fan service.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I have a mental image of him and his brother yelling long unpunctuated soliloquies about life and love at each other while they beat the crap out of each other with their laptops.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I hope a football player comes out of left field.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Please. I find the term "hero" as applied to Rob to be offensive.

E: it is a hearing pun

Data Graham fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Dec 30, 2012

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Look at that lower lip and that Powdered Toast Man-esque cleft chin. :allears:

^^ Rob's mentally saying "WHAT?"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Mesmerized, huh?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Breadallelogram posted:

It's like they threw every 90s cartoon thing into a blender with stupid fast food mascots. It's really weird to hear Buster Bunny speaking through a Hamburglar that looks like a weird teenage Chuckie Finster.

loving Charlie Adler. Could he please not do that same voice for some character every day of my life.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

If his grammar and spelling are getting more orthodox, it's not because he's trying. Clearly he doesn't consider it important.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"i turn them all to dust" - Andrew Jackson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Still trying to figure out what could possibly have led to the "since" in panel 7.

Also I could not suppress an out-loud "holy poo poo" at the shaded trollface. That would be a great piece of memeworthy art even independent of this comic.