Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Notes:

1) What is it with trolls and raping dogs?

2) I also expected all the training happening off-screen, but now I'm excited we are going to learn the strengths and abilities of Ronald, "Cheeto Man" and the others.

3) Fudd haven't threw away Bugs' and Daffy's corpses. Did he drag them everywhere?

In case you a are worried:

DA member therealkap posted:

The best part of waking up is finding 3 new pages of TGT. Oh, and do I see the guy with an underbite doing something nasty with Rob?

lazerbot posted:

lol no nasty just lack of room and there sleeping by each other

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Apr 25, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

This comic is like Star Trek. It's great when you have talking heads and little action and thinking and wit and sass, but the second you have fighting, it's really, really bad. But unfornately, not like Star Trek bad where it's so awful that it's funny.

Counterpoint: Team Silver vs Trolls. Also the first time Sonic lost his poo poo (i failed).

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

In case anyone is wondering, I asked lazerbot and confirmed that Elmer has been carrying the dead bodies around this whole time.

wabbit

Man, Silver's relationship problems (which is all him, really) is pretty entertaining.

Also, the trolls like to rape its safer in here.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

He doesn't have loving ears, Silver.

Rob must be the most peaceful sleeper ever.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

This is even way more out of left field than Rob the Earless Dragonborn.

I, too, am voting for zombie Bugs and Daff.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Sherd Red posted:

this is why i wanted that wabbit

One great detail is that those power beams (?) coming from Fudd's fingers resemble puppet strings.

Also, OH MY GOD! This has gone in directions no one could have charted ever.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

TwoPair posted:

Man, Silver needs to just take a survey of his team to figure out their powers. I'm sure it would have been a lot more helpful if he'd known Rob was dragonborn or Fudd was a necromancer back at the Bieber Bever concert.

To be fair, it was Shadow's team back then. Silver only became in charge when the team broke apart after the Mario and Luigi fight.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Stupid troll! More dead bodies just mean more soldiers for the necromancer! Unless the body require a head to function. Or maybe he can make the corpse blow up.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

He has no ears, but he has a nose.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Oh poo poo!

Rob might not know what the heck everyone is saying, but he knows a friend when he sees one. Look at that badass last panel; so stoic and bold!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Calico Heart posted:

Didn't realise white hair troll and thunder troll were the same guy :/

It's okay. I knew of a guy who watched The Two Towers and never realized that Gandalf and Saruman were two separate characters until the end.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I only now just realised all the high-ranking trolls including the king looks like anime characters but all the 'good guys' are either anthropomorphic or just plain cartoon characters. Except for Rob, who is still not very anime.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Rob wasn't even supposed to have any abilities beyond his lack of ears. Lazerbot's brother later suggested that Rob should be Robahkiin. Because it would be cool.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Batman's true canon! And the return of a fan-favorite one-panel character!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Gaseous Snake posted:

Always with the smug

If you finally reached your life-long goal of feasting on your prey's flesh, you'd be smug too.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Hsien-Ko posted:

I like how Batman's head constantly changes shape

He is the embodiment of fear. His shifting form is analogous to how Death is observed in Discworld books.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

QuantaStarFire posted:

Did Batman just imply that he killed everyone in Gotham? :stare:

No, just his friends.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Die Laughing posted:

Spoken like someone who hasn't read a comic book in over a decade. Welcome to BSS. Hop on over to the Batman or Comic Recommendation threads, and see how wrong you are.

Unless by compelling you mean loving hilarious, then you're probably right. Lazerbot is a master of absurdist humor.

Indeed. lazerbot wisely chose not to challenge the likes of Neil Gaiman and Grant Morrison and goes off in his own unique direction that is fascinating in its own way.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

BiggerJ posted:

If Pac-Man grew up in medieval times because he's the first video game hero, does that mean the Looney Tunes are downright ancient? Maybe even pre-dating society as we know it, like Cthulhu?

Ominous, isn't it?

Anyway,

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Either they will tone down Pyg a lot, or this new Batman cartton will be the new Clone Wars or Sym-bionic Titan in terms of violent and/or disturbing content.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

welcome to the house of god

I wonder how this will all lead them to necromancy. Did they accidentally kill Porky, and is forced to use forbidden methods to resurrect him but it did not turn out well (though still better than what happened in Full Metal Alchemist)?

I also agree that this comic has gone off in unexpected directions since that fateful first page. It's like you watch the first episode of Buffy The Vampire Slayer and never thought it will end with her leading an small army and burying Sunnydale in a crater.

Edit: Hell, we got ourselves a double tonight.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Apr 30, 2012

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

nerdbot posted:

I love how Lazerbot is aware that the readers will be able to read between the lines and figure out what Bugs and Daffy are really doing when they go out and get wasted, but Wile E. himself can't possibly imagine what on earth they do in the bathroom for several hours.

...several hours? Jesus.

What I like better is that those two apparently still hang around them but Fudd has this pathological urge to kill them.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Yeah, he could probably go for somewhere between 10 and 20 chapters.

Though I would welcome a spin-off based on Silver, Rob and others, I wouldn't really say no if he also decides to make a comic based on Legend of Zelda (another favourite game series of lazerbot's).

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Porky just looks like a guy who probably couldn't take more than one beer.

Oh, God. The drunk Looney Tunes + Tom is fantastic. I especially love Coyote looking decided less smug and just barely lucid in that karaoke panel.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

ZuljinRaynor posted:

Tom's speech... why does it mention the killing of the Roadrunner? I thought that Troll Slaiyers only just helped kill the Roadrunner.

Or maybe all of this happened right before the concert? Or did Shadow help kill the Roadrunner much earlier?

Road Runner and Jerry isn't dead yet at that point, I think. It's just Sylvester got Tweety first but he was being so smug about being 'first' that Tom had to lay the burn.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

This is fast becoming an after-school special about the dangers of excessive drinking, and now drugs.

Also lazerbot can apparently a draw pretty decent-looking sexy woman. Unfortunately, I suspect she meant it literally when she said she wants someone with "meat". As in pork, ham, bacon etc.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

lazerbot mentioned that this flashback is the longest one yet he's done. Expect it to take up more than half this chapter.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

TGT and me: On DeviantArt, I bookmarked several good artists (including Weapon Brown and one professional comic book colourist) and two really hot talented cosplayers. Yet every time I see a notification for new art in my DA inbox I will be severely disappointed if it is not a new page from lazerbot.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I wouldn't be surprised if the actual reason they are necromancers is because they accidentally joined a necromancer coven while drunk and/or high.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Narmi posted:

So the garbage/body bag is gone. It'll be interesting to find out what/who's inside it.

This is a flashback, so the people who are supposed to be in those bags might not be dead yet.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Hah, this is almost as great as Johnny and 4 balls in New Vegas. I'm feeling just as amazed anyway.

I also think my prediction was correct; they became necromancers after drunkenly stumbling into a necromancer church.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Foxhound posted:

Nooo Lazerbot look away before it's too late :negative:

He's been reading the thread for months. Some of the questions raised in here were addressed or referenced in TGT.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Rollersnake posted:

It's a portmanteau of hollow and shallow. Lazerbot is a modern Lewis Carroll.

This whole thing does have a hallucinatory or dreamlike quality to it.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I can see it now. Porky tries to use his powers while overcome with emotion and ends up getting killed.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Young Freud posted:

Is Tom hanging from the room when he makes that statement about "satanic powers"?

It appears that he is dropping down in the first panel of the bottom row, so I think yes.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Aramek posted:

There's a, uh, different kind of "three" that's been distracting me. :negative:

Threesome or triplet?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010