Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
Oh man I saw this comic on another forum, and then I come here and see that SA is already all over it.

I'm still not sure if this is the tragic work of a sad little man or the grand opus of some mad genius. I could totally see this all being a product of a prodigy from the "bad on purpose" school of thought.

Maybe I'm just in denial that someone could just accidentally create something so unintentionally hilarious.

Tiler Kiwi fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Feb 20, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Cuckoo posted:

I have to agree with this. It looks almost like professional squash and stretch.

That's what's so mind boggling about this comic...wether he got training and remained uniformly terrible, or he has talent and wastes it doing MSpaint sagas, it's obvious through perspective and some attempted traces that he could maybe possibly kind of draw.

I've noticed that the hands are surprisingly decent. Probably just tracing, but trying to do that kind of stuff on MS paint ain't easy. The quality seems to leap around pretty crazily, some experimentation but not much in terms of actual improvement.

That and the occasional flash of actual wit with the writing is what makes this whole thing so surreal. Making something just plain poo poo is pretty easy, hitting that sweet spot where its "so bad is good" is harder than people give it credit for. When it's struck by accident, like here, it's gold.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
Oh man I forgot about the Man With No Ears.

That's what I mean. Like, that's actually pretty funny. Other things I remember is Mario telling Luigi to take off his mask in a secret troll slaiyer meeting, Luigi and Mario's Dragonball esque comic, and "duck season". Combined with how drat loving awful everything else is, I don't know if it'd be more amazing to learn that this wall all engineered by the artist, or the artist is just genuinely clueless and was blessed with the most schizophrenic muse one could hope for.

Whatever happened to that guy with no ears, anyways?

Tiler Kiwi fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Feb 20, 2012

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Nunez posted:

If I get one, I want to be known as THE SISSY.

e:

REY DE LA PLAYA posted:

If he finds this thread he is completely going to loose it.

As if he hasn't already gone off the deep end.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
Well I tried to make a funny.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Strongylocentrotus posted:

"B.ball man legacy of the balls".

B-BAAAAAALLLLLLLSSSSS!

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Enthusiasm posted:

What is tails doing.

what is tails doing

Sweating.

Waaaait a second... foxes don't sweat!

It may be grasping at straws and I know that the artist needs to do that to convey the shellshock in an effective way but god drat that fox is sweating buckets over there, its just wrong.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

UnsubRedun posted:

More importantly, where is the man with no ears?

I know right? I've been saying this and nobodys been listening. Its like they've all gone deaf or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
My favorite part in retrospect so far is the fight between Mario and Luigi.

Most artists would just crib off of some other media like Dragonball Z, but not lazer. While he clearly took inspiration from it, both the Mario Bros. used powers canonical to their universe, using fireballs, statues, and various suits to do battle. It added to the abominable beauty of the scene, that elevates it to a truly glorious representation of the fated duel between the plumber siblings.

The man is dedicated, is what I am saying. He goes above and beyond your common DA MSpaint meister. I can respect that.