Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

No Real Pattern posted:

The horrible internet cynic in me thinks that this is the best thing ever,

but in real life I'm a therapist for emotionally disturbed children and frankly any one of them could have drawn this..

so conflicted!

It's like fireworks, highly dangerous but beautiful when seen from a distance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Bloomington posted:

I just realized something:

He's smoking his cigarette backwards. :psyduck:

He can't get satisfaction with a filter. He needs to get his nicotine strait from the source.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

LordArgh posted:

What is it about Sonic that attracts these kinds of people?

Sonic and his animal buddies are all drawn with extremely exaggerated expressions. If you're the kind of person who has trouble picking up on non-verbal communication such as eye-contact and facial expressions, then the fact that Sonic has huge eyes and amplified emotions might make him easier to identify with than other people.

Just a wild guess.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Tiler Kiwi posted:

Whatever happened to that guy with no ears, anyways?

I haven't heard.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Everdraed posted:

I'll finish this later, but in the meantime here's a rough of halfway through page one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8mi7uh-dS8&hd=1
Still need to animate the next six panels and spice the whole thing up, but I'm happy with it so far. Not sure how many pages I'll do, as it's pretty time consuming stuff.

This can't be congratulated enough.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I'd like to steer the discussion away from the medium and towards the story line. I'm betting the trolls did not actually know where Shadow was hiding, so they tricked Vector into unintentionally revealing it. All trolls have to do now is follow the red line.

Trans-Angeles posted:

Oh gently caress me this new panel is great.

Ragged on.
RAGGED ON.
loving RAGGED ON.

Dammit dude.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Trans-Angeles posted:

I can't help it I'm dying over here. In all my years of using the phrase ragged on I've never once considered the possibility of meaning it the way it was used in that panel. I've always took it to mean 'made fun of'.

I can't stop crackin' up. Where does this kid come up with this poo poo?

It was loving hilarious. I only said "dammit dude" in reference to Shadow's reaction of being loving ragged on.

Jet Set Jettison posted:

new panel!

This is amazing. Usually you only see art like this only after it's long been completed, but we're watching Tails get Trolled in real time, as it's being drawn!

It's the beautiful act of artistic conception performed right before our eyes!

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Bongo Bill posted:

Surely it'd be Thus Spake Koopathustra. Or The Will to Power-up.

Daffy is dead. Daffy remains dead, and we have killed him.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm entirely convinced that everything about this intentional and Lazerbot is playing a character. Parts of the comic are just too perfect and self aware. Things like "I don't have loving ears" and "Sorry tails if this looks gay to the viewers". This guy knows exactly what he's doing and he's doing it brilliantly.

Mario calling Shadow out on his hypocrisy was pretty fantastic, too. Lesser works wouldn't acknowledge any fault in the lead character.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Everdraed posted:

Also, do you ever wonder what happens beyond the panel borders of a comic?

Now you know!

If you had been paying attention you'd have realized that Tails has three tails in this comic. :colbert:

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

pliable posted:

A buddy just linked me this thread...but are the thumbnails not working for anyone else? I click and click and click and click to no avail :(

Some goon collected them all into an imgur album here: http://olivil.imgur.com/

That said, the thumbnails are working fine for me.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Tre Past Cool! posted:

Also, he's not crazy, he's making it bad on purpose. There are too many hints of self awareness like the "not looking gay to the viewers" comment, and the spelling and grammar errors are too numerous and too consistent to be real, no matter how old he really is.

I don't want to believe this.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Kraustofski posted:

Sonic the Hedgehog attracts the dumbest loving fans, did anybody find a real reason behind why this is?

It was discussed briefly earlier in the thread.

Captain Fargle posted:

Schwarzwald posted:

Sonic and his animal buddies are all drawn with extremely exaggerated expressions. If you're the kind of person who has trouble picking up on non-verbal communication such as eye-contact and facial expressions, then the fact that Sonic has huge eyes and amplified emotions might make him easier to identify with than other people.
This is indeed it. It's the same reason why so many autistic kids love the hell out of Thomas the Tank Engine.

EDIT: That combined with the fact that when you're ten, Sonic comes across as the coolest loving thing in the world.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Peach told Mario she could only marry him if he was royalty, so he became the prince.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

VietAssRapeFuckBros posted:

That is marvelous.

Actually, I think it's DC.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
"Its hard to see with my eyes closed," is the new "I don't have loving ears."

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

simplefish posted:

Hahahaha this is so true. Did you notice how T-Dogg got zero lines during the "to kill him or not" scene? Similarly, I can't remember if Hulk is still on the trollfighters' side, or why he hates Mario enough to crush him under a rock.

The Hulk is still a troll slalyer, and he's trying to kill Mario because he just confessed to getting Sonic and crew killed so he could plant a mole among the trolls.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Maruna posted:

We need to take that money we were threatening to use to buy Lazerbot a computer, and use it to get this book printed when the saga is complete. We could do a kickstarter or something. I need to have this comic on my shelf right next to The Dark Knight Returns.

Unfortunately, there are copyrights.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
It might not be Doug.

It might be Quailman.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I love that they have to braces for Tails' tails.

Also, there is a fourth character in a black robe whose face they haven't shown. I'm guessing it's Dilbert.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Flayer posted:

I love how Trix Rabbit is all happy to torture someone, like some kind of sadistic psycho

"Do you remember me, Doug? When I killed Pork Chop, I talked Just. Like. This."

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

E the Shaggy posted:

loving Arthur????

loving Arthur!!!!

My smile was so wide at that reveal.

Great Green Auk posted:

Once again, click for huge.

This is quite possibly the manliest thing I have ever drawn :black101:

This is fantastic, but it has one error. The "L" on Luigi's hat should be rotated 180' to match the original.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

DrManiac posted:

[e] I just noticed the Cheetos mascot has a orange robe. I love this comic.

It was black at first, but he keeps wiping his hands on it.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

ArfJason posted:

I'm surprised noone noticed the watermark in the middle

I caught that. The whole thing is very well down.
I wonder how long it will be before some nutcase makes a sprite swap rom.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Antivehicular posted:

There is truly something beautiful about Pac-Man's grim realization that the Dragon Balls aren't real, so he needs to take real action to avenge his dead family and kill the trolls, like create a secret organization with Frogger and "Cheeto Man." Just beautiful.

It's effective on so many levels. Not only does this show perseverance and maturity in Pac-man's character, but it's also sets TGT apart from nearly all other super-inclusive fanwork. This most definitely isn't Christian Humber where everything always works out in the hero's favor.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Mathhole posted:

I couldn't see jack crap in the darkness of the latest page. Here is one with increased contrast to better see the dream.

This would have been a wonderful time for Lazerbot to have inserted a Goatse.

I could not possibly be more hyped for the next chapter than I am right now.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Tails, to improve yourself you will train with each of our members.
Except Doug and Skeeter, 'cause they suck.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

StealthArcher posted:

At least he's drawing the mask in proper perspective when it's on the side of silver's head, any lazy rear end would just draw a quarter of the same mask in the same position.

I have to admit that I never considered how the troll face would look from a different angle.

I'm a little confused about Elmer. He seems to have been pretty consistently oblivious about everything throughout the narrative, but now the purple cat is here he's suddenly gotten fresh. You'd think the two bodies he's dragging would put him off his game.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I'm slightly saddened to know that there won't be a mecha-Eggman, but I guess it's the same lesson Pac-Man learned. The dead never come back.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Antivehicular posted:

(Indeed, as several others have mentioned, TGT actually suggests that the wish-fulfillment violence was the wrong answer, since Shadow's campaign has led to pretty much nothing but the deaths of his friends and allies.)

This was brought up just two pages ago when Silver mentioned that he won't abandon a comrade "like shadow."

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

peace bitches

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
The Troll Slaiyers being completely incompetent contrasts well with Silver's team managing to get poo poo done.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I wonder if Wario and Waluigi will be appearing in the comic later or if they were only mentioned for continuities sake.

I'm not sure which outcome I'd like more.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

noggut posted:

Woah, nice. Maybe their unknown younger brother Oario will join the fight too.

Ouigi, the brother with the sixth sense.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Rencall posted:

TGT stops suicide?

do you think it could bring acceptance of Tibet by Chinese authorities?

I don't know if a story about trolls would have much effect. From what I here Tibet is already experienced with dealing with flamers.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
While I appreciate his art, I imagine Lazerbot the person is actually quite intolerable around Easter. He just doesn't have any taste for peeps or bunnies.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Grainse posted:

Also, I'm on tenterhooks here as to what suit he uses next.

There is one critical Mario power-up that hasn't been shown yet in comic.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Buh posted:

I thought we had - isn't Tails Gets Trolled the name of the first chapter, while Sonic & Friends Get Trolled is the whole saga?

No, Tails Gets Trolled is its name, and Sonic & Friends Get Trolled is something the OP made up.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

PalmTreeFun posted:

Diamond's hard, but it's really brittle. :spergin:

I don't think you understand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Calico Heart posted:

Though honestly I was expecting the dragonballs existing in TGT and Pacman having just given up, with it being a major reveal that trolls had them or something.

Now after all these comparisons though, I'm not so sure

I have faith in Lazerbot's story telling.