Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

In case you weren't subscribed to the guy, Sonic video superstar Cybershell has returned after a few years off and has been knocking it out of the park with non-Sonic content just in the last week.

He just posted this, too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTFMu7AmejI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

coolbob posted:

Lazerbot tells me he's almost done with the next page and that it will be finished today or within the next few days. Really looking forward to seeing what will finally happen now that the fight is over
Coyote immediately gets into another 8-year fight with a different OC troll/neutral.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

coolbob posted:

The return of the master. TGT is back for real baby

Lol, two panels in and he's already made a mistake giving Wile E. Coyote human feet.

I'm liking the pace, though, having Porky back for a chat instead of a full page of Coyote looking over to a mountain and just thinking is good. Cutting redundant panels would really bring TGT back to the glory days and frankly help him out from having to redraw the same thing over and over.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Hey Lazerbot, this is uhhhh “fun” and all, but could you stop wasting time and effort redrawing these old panels and just continue the real comic?

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Now this is some primo content.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

LOL, why is Wile E. Coyote now essentially the main character of the webcomic “Tails Gets Trolled?”

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Literally Kermit posted:

TGT (especially the soundtrack) gets a mention and a few bars in a recent episode of Oney Plays:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc5JutZJH4M&t=767s
If anyone’s wondering, it’s from 12:48-14:00 in that clip.

...I’m so proud, lol. Thanks for the heads-up.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Puke Fukem posted:

Speaking of JFlight's wonderful songs, somebody on the tgt.org discord named mhan4 recently made a chiptune cover of the Chapter 8 song

You can listen to it here: https://files.catbox.moe/ci975l.mp3

He also uploaded a WIP cover of the Word of Death: https://files.catbox.moe/r4r8s9.mp3
I'm going to die, this is incredible.
All thanks to Garageband on my iPad and messing around while drunk.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

coolbob posted:

Ask and you shall receive. http://www.tailsgetstrolled.org/Store.html More products coming soon probably. Lazerbot will get most of the money

And new page

That coaster is brilliant.
Also, love the iconic Tail’s shocked face shirt.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

coolbob posted:

I seriously want a TGT physical edition, does anyone have any knowledge on how to make that happen?
The toughest thing is that the comic is like super skinny and tall, so it’d be a weirdly shaped book.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

coolbob posted:

new page

Lol, Troll King has 6 fingers in the 8th panel.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Also in TGT-related news, someone named Yellowsnow (a goon, I think) remixed my Word of Death song, sweet.
I'm humbled to think that the silly fan material I made like 7 years ago is still making ripples.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6H1Dh88KJk

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

That was pretty drat cinematic for this ridiculous fan-fiction webcomic.
Amazing work.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

At least he finished that drat Coyote fight.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

nexus6 posted:

I both regret and applaud that the motion comic videos stop where they do - IIRC the story falls apart a bit there. Doesn't Tails spend like 17 chapters getting high at Cheeto man's place or something?
That’s partly why I stopped the album at chapter 10. The following chapters were mostly long fight scenes with much less funny dialogue to use as lyrics.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

LOL, I just had to order that.
I'm wondering how it handles the really tall format, though.
I'm hoping they broke up the frames a bit to fit the dimensions of the book, otherwise it'll just be a long strip in the middle of the pages.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

It's here!!!!
(first photo accompanied by my custom TGT deck of cards for scale)

It's bigger than I thought. I was expecting a small paperback novel sized book, but it's like a full 8"x11" sheet of paper. Pretty much required when you shrink the text down to this size.
Definitely worth it.

EDIT: Also glad that it wasn't the "TGT Polished Edition" that started rebooting the story and made it worse.

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Sep 9, 2021

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I just hope we get Volume 2 because that covers the Looney Tunes “Neutrals” introductions and would stop before the super long 8-year fight scene.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Coyote’s been so invincible for so long that I actually said “what the gently caress” out loud seeing that.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

SoggyWrist posted:

Next page:

...On a more "lighthearted" note, two pages of the ultimate Alternate reality also got released recently:

This Spongebob/Patrick sidestory is really, really good.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Ughhhhh, these last two pages. Stop putting these gross-out rape scenes in the comic, it’s veering into unenjoyable territory. I mean thank goodness he didn’t decide to actually illustrate it, but still.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

The Bee posted:

Did you guys forget the horrifically-drawn pile of dead Cheeto Man prostitutes? Because I think you guys forgot that part. It loving sucks, but its been built into the DNA of this comic for a while.
I mean, sure, but I just hoped he had gotten that out of his system a while back like the Amy stuff.
This latest update feels like he just read the Garth Ennis comic Crossed and wanted to bring some serious edge to TGT.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDmEiFTrhZU

Chapter 9 animation just got posted!

Edit: BTW, dunno if goons are aware, but TGT has been enjoying a whole second renaissance as a Friday Night Funkin’ custom mod that’s really blown up. Like, the zoomer generation is getting into it without even knowing it was a webcomic at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrlbpJl0LQo

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jan 3, 2022

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Lololololol is this going to be an Insane Clown Posse-style twist where TGT was a Christian comic all along?

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Fumaofthelake posted:

Cutting edge of pop culture just as I’d expect
I like to imagine that this comic is so drawn out that he wrote the scene back when that episode aired.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

coolbob posted:

The Church Saga shaping up to be one of the greatest story arcs in shōnen manga history
It’s absolutely incredible how no one plot ever gets any resolution, just endless introductions of new characters and factions. This latest arc is constantly surprising me with every new page. I seriously have no clue what’s going on and I don’t know if that’s good or bad.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

coolbob posted:

It's both

Also going back and reading this thread, it warms my heart seeing people who still have TGT avatars and last posted in its heyday from 2012-2015

Incidentally, a new page was just posted that might be helpful for people who have been out of the TGT loop for a while

I love how it's a summary and I still don't understand it.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

This ground level fighting with actual battle scars has me really invested, like I legit went “Silver, no!” at the last cliffhanger. These shorter fights are way more interesting than the multi-chapter DBZ 1-on-1 with Coyote.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Why is this comic so loving good again god drat.

I would not have expected TGT to have a tastefully done dramatic sex flashback between Petunia Pig and Tom but there you go.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

LOL my favorite Twitter cartoon lesbians Leslie and Brianne just showed up in TGT, nice.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Okay, I think the arrows need to come back, lol.
I’m not sure of the order of some of these panels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

It's that time of year again, time to bump the thread with an update:
ultimatetailsgetstrolled posted the latest animated version of Chapter 10 and the Kermit monologue segment is out of this world.
It starts at 17 minutes in if you're curious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tORDbXAWL7U

As an aside, I was the one who started the first few motion comics (ch. 1-4), but they really took the torch and ran with it to new heights after I stopped. Top notch work and music selections.