Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Royale with Cheese
Jul 26, 2006

They wouldn't know what the fuck a Quarter Pounder is.

SgtScruffy posted:

Anyone have any experience diving anywhere in Virginia/DC area? My main options are a local quarry that the shops use for training, driving three hours to Lake Rawlings, a slightly better quarry, or driving five hours to Dutch Springs, PA, which is a slightly better quarry.

I've only dived the local one, and with visibility of about 3-4 feet and no real things to see except the occasional "wheeee sunken car!", it's only good for training and not having fun.

Have you guys been to Dutch Springs or Lake Rawlings?

Sup DC area goon.

I've been to Lake Rawlings a few times on checkout dives. Visibility is good, they have all sorts of sunken ships, buses, and they added a plane a few years ago. Roughly half of the lake bottoms out at 30 feet, then it drops off sharply to 60 feet. Some friends in an AOW class went night diving as well. I'd be interested in diving this spring or summer, my local shop (MD) dives there almost every month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU