Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ploots
Mar 19, 2010

Squashy Nipples posted:

OK, I'm convinced, Shearwater it is.

But I'm down to ONE local dive shop (don't ask), and they aren't a Shearwater dealer.
Should I drive over an hour to my closest dealer, or just buy online?

I wouldn't buy safety equipment through Amazon, but I'd be comfortable using diverightinscuba or a similar site.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ploots
Mar 19, 2010
got a hole in my drysuit patched and I have to say, I'm an idiot. Why was I diving a leaky suit for months?

ploots
Mar 19, 2010
Oh I knew for sure it was a leak. It was on the back of a boot, I was worried the shop would tell me I had to send it back to the manufacturer. So instead I just got one really cold wet foot on every dive for months

ploots
Mar 19, 2010
I saw a very weird thing on a dive this afternoon: a snail with its foot way out, using it kind of like a sail as it floated along in the current, 3-4 ft off the bottom.

I also found a young giant pacific octopus in its den, looking forward to visiting it over the next few months. The spot it picked doesn't have many options for dens as it grows, so I have a good chance of being able to keep an eye on it if it stays in the neighborhood.

e: somebody tell me if this snail is dead or what

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBHtR06jgNc

ploots fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Mar 12, 2024

ploots
Mar 19, 2010
There is a submarine in Cozumel as well. I was glad we never got close to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ploots
Mar 19, 2010
I have a steel because I need the weight at home. It’s a bit annoying to travel with - we can’t put much more than backplates, wings, and fins in a checked bag without going over weight. But in warm water with a 3mm suit I don’t need any additional weight at all.