Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tax Oddity
Apr 8, 2007

The love cannon has a very short range, about 2 feet, so you're inevitably out of range. I have to close the distance.
Does anyone know how long it usually takes Dell to make customized ESXi isos available? I have a Poweredge R710 that I want to put 5.1 on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tax Oddity
Apr 8, 2007

The love cannon has a very short range, about 2 feet, so you're inevitably out of range. I have to close the distance.

madsushi posted:

Dell and HP usually trail by 3-4 weeks, although they had 5.0U1 out just a week after it was released.

That doesn't sound too bad, thanks!

Tax Oddity
Apr 8, 2007

This may be a stupid question, but I can't find a good answer using Google. I have disabled defragmentation in every Windows guest OS since it is not meant to be of any use, but what about Linux operating systems? Should the occasional fsck on boot be disabled as well?

Tax Oddity
Apr 8, 2007

Sylink posted:

I was under the impression you don't need to defrag under linux.

... I don't know why I thought fsck was for defragging, I guess I have been away from linux for far too long. Is turning off fsck recommended for thin-provision file systems anyhow, in order to prevent the file systems from growing to their maximum size? Or is fsck so important that it should not be disabled?

Tax Oddity
Apr 8, 2007

Good to know, thank you!