Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Exclusive
Jan 1, 2008

adorai posted:

Webex :(

I usually share RDP/putty/etc from my PC. Am I doing it wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exclusive
Jan 1, 2008

adorai posted:

depends. A lot of times we have vendors in that need to "do research" and I am not a fan of giving up my PC for 3 hours. Share the console session in VMware, and you can continue working. In my experience if you RDP to the server and then share a webex session inside of RDP, they lose mouse control if you minimize the window.

Good point. This does happen to me quite often.

Exclusive
Jan 1, 2008

Muslim Wookie posted:

Is there any way to mount an FC presented LUN to a Server 2008R2 Hyper-V *Guest*?

The key issue here is I need a LUN presented and recognised as a NetApp LUN in the guest OS, as opposed to a generic IDE or SCSI driver. I understand a virtual FC HBA is a feature of 2012 Hyper-V but assuming upgrading the hosts is not an option, do I have anything else I can try?

You can definitely do physical disk and LUN passthrough on 2008R2 Hyper-V (not supported with failover clustering). You don't even need a volume on it. But recognizing it as a LUN on the guest is a tough requirement -- I can't see how it's possible without an HBA.