Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The NPC
Nov 21, 2010

Corvettefisher posted:

Anyone playing around with hyper-v 2012 server? It seems pretty nice to be honest, come a long way since 2008

We have a HP server in our lab running 2012. We're an all Microsoft shop and it's a huge upgrade. So far we have about 5 2012 VMs running on it no problem. We were going to use it to demo a VDI solution but ran into driver issues for the GPU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The NPC
Nov 21, 2010

Spring Heeled Jack posted:

This is essentially what I am trying to run to get the new VM joined to the domain:

$domainAdminCredentials = (Get-Credential)
$script="Add-Computer -Domainname domain.net -Credential $cred -restart -force"
$GuestCredential = (Get-Credential)
Invoke-VMScript -VM $targetvm -ScriptText $script -GuestCredential $GuestCredential

I am running into an issue where after executing the terminal just sits there processing forever until I ctrl+c. Connecting into the remote console of the VM I am unable to find anything taking place. Any thoughts on this? Running the add-computer command in the VM itself works without a problem.

Invoke-VMScript takes a string for the Script parameter. PSCredential.ToString() always returns "System.Management.Automation.PSCredential" which is not a value Add-Computer is expecting. The prompt is probably waiting for credentials to be entered.

You're going to have to probably pass in the credentials in plain text and then construct the PSCredential object on the box.

The NPC
Nov 21, 2010

skipdogg posted:

The PRISM software left a lot to be desired

:nsa: