Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

CommieGIR posted:

Hyperconverged time, baby!

Nutanix is the last enterprise hypervisor standing. Decent support across vendors and tools and it checks the right corporate boxes. Xenserver has a lot of ground to cover before it can be taken seriously and the rest of the field is a KVM based tool but without the backing. Microsoft sells cloud and their only interest in hypervisors is using it as an on ramp. For all of us career virtualization guys, it's either learn a new product or apprentice at the muffler shop bending pipe. Hyperconverged is our last hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

Motronic posted:

Lots of workloads can be easily switched, but it's that last 10% that are always the problem.

Folks are adding Nutanix support to those pesky appliances. Load balancers, Firewalls phone systems are all seeing nutanix ports. This time next year it will only be hardcore folks running out of date crap that can't move.

Them and those that run everything in vRealize...

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

Arivia posted:

excellent, i was worrying about what i could do with my windows me distributed computing nodes. i just got the entire network talking to the windows 8.0 supervisor.

That's your issue, you should have used Vista.

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021
Get some old HP moonshots and de virtualize everything.

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

Subjunctive posted:

I have some users who use the web interface to log in and do things like restart a specific VM or access one VM’s console, and I’m trying to simplify the login process so they don’t have to pick a realm. These users are defined with the proxmox UI and live in that realm, but root and I live in the PAM realm. I just want to hide that complexity because it’s not relevant to them.

Yeah, that’s the situation I’m in right now that I want to simplify.

Put a Netscaler in front of it and I could do that all day long for you with a AAA vip..