Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unknown
Nov 16, 2002
Ain't got no stinking title yet!

(incomplete) means that the system didn't get (or parse) the arp reply. (ie: arp request was created and sent, but nothing has come back yet, so that's it's way of saying "in limbo").

Edit: That's a weird expiry timer. Try deleting the arp entries in case they're corrupted entries?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unknown
Nov 16, 2002

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

I'm guessing its seeing the NetApps doing gratuitous arps and deciding its a malicious device on the network and blocking it. Either way I'm mucking back in to support hell.

Or your switch is blocking broadcast packets from your servers, so the netapp never gets the arp request in the first place.

Simple test of that is to ping from the netapp to your servers (reverses the arp process). Your servers should then automatically learn the mac address from the netapp.

Other test would be to hardcode the arp on the server temporarily. If it works, you've got broadcast filtering in place.

unknown
Nov 16, 2002

Out of my experience, Ovirt is fundamentally designed to be run on 2+ nodes (+1 if you don't do self hosted controller) with a NAS of some sort (preferably NFS).

Out side of that config you rapidly start running into weird issues and corner cases that someone hasn't programmed for.

unknown
Nov 16, 2002

I'm dating myself, but I was at the usenix NSDI conference in 2005 where they were showing the first prototypes of live vm migrations between computers playing doom live. In retrospect that conference was wild for all the cutting edge tech that was being displayed and developed at the time - lots of zigbee stuff shown there too.
(https://www.usenix.org/legacy/events/nsdi05/tech/clark.html)