Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

angrytech
Jun 26, 2009

text editor posted:

It looks cool, I want w=one as a toy, but until they finally start shipping it's nearly vaporware as far as I am concerned.

Did you by any chance say this last night on #raspberrypi? There was a discussion about just that, so I'm curious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angrytech
Jun 26, 2009

~Coxy posted:

Nobody here is angry nor raging, they're not a charity (yet) and it's not a toy either. People have every right to express disappointment.

With the atv3 coming out recently they probably lost half their potential customer base so they're really letting themselves down first and foremost with the screwups.

What's an atv3?

angrytech
Jun 26, 2009

dj_pain posted:

Apple tv 3, it does 1080p video and once it's jailbroken it will have xbmc which was the only reason i ordered a raspberry Pi :(

You're going to pay the hardware premium of an apple product so that you can jailbreak it and install xbmc?

angrytech
Jun 26, 2009

~Coxy posted:

This is veering dangerously offtopic but what price premium? If there's another cheap box to run XBMC on then I'd love to know about it as the only options I know of are literally
-Raspberry Pi
-atv3 when a jailbreak is released.

Oh holy poo poo, I didn't realize they were as cheap as they are. $99 makes a lot more sense. Also, I realize that XBMC is probably an app on iOS and not an OS huh?
Together that makes a lot more sense. My apologies for the confusion. :tipshat: