Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
Anyone with half a brain who got one or more of these will be flipping them on eBay at horrendous prices to overexcited nitwits who can't wait an extra month or two.

If you really want an ARM box with HDMI for decent cash RIGHT NOW, there's also this little guy.
e: scratch that, those are sold out until mid march as well...

snorch fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Feb 29, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snorch
Jul 27, 2009

sharktamer posted:

PSX is probably a bit ambitious, but the rest would be fantastic.

I don't know, PCSX seems to run quite well on similarly humble hardware...

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
I got mine fairly early on, (second batch from RS I think), but it seems that most stuff actually usable for a mid-level user like myself is still very much a work in progress. Most of the applications I had in mind are still missing key pieces of the puzzle. Mostly, this means graphics acceleration, as it's an important part in making sure things run smoothly.

Mainly, I'm hoping to run Processing or something similar, because being able to just tuck a pi behind a HDTV and let it do its thing opens up a ton of possibilities.