Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrMelon
Oct 9, 2010

You can find me in the produce aisle of the hospital.

Gehenomm posted:

I'm shoving this inside one of these i have laying around:

http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Arcade-Fighting-Joystick-Playstation-3/dp/B0015PHMFU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1330277894&sr=8-2

...coiling the USB wire to the motherboard, and building an internal battery pack (plenty of room in there), so the only wire coming out of it will be the HDMI running to the TV.

You should put MAME on the RasPi and have yourself a super-simple arcade cabinet setup along with your media centre!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrMelon
Oct 9, 2010

Factory Factory posted:

drat it! The limited-run highly anticipated cheap gadget for nerds sold out quickly! Who would have guessed?

I don't think the confusion is over the fact that it sold out fast, but that the site was completely inaccessible - so how did it get sold?

DrMelon
Oct 9, 2010

From twitter:

@grumpyoldgit99 posted:

@Raspberry_Pi Spoken to RS sales team. Not on sale until end of week.

Looks like it'll be a while until I'll get one then. :sigh:

DrMelon
Oct 9, 2010

I dunno why the RasPi guys wouldn't choose Amazon to do this - they have distribution worldwide, very affordable shipping, and extremely large server farms to handle very large amounts of traffic.