Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

If you're here you're in the wrong place, there is no right place hahahaha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

I was surprised that they said worldwide shipping and launch before and yet only have european stores, I mean at least one on this side of the ocean would have been nice.

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

I'm just guessing that $35 or later $25 is cheaper than any computer you could theoretically give someone to practice basic programming with python on. I mean it's basically cheaper than a textbook. Plus I'm pretty sure their initial "for education" meant for teachers/the classroom and that later versions with cases would be meant for student distribution.

As for why people want them, probably because even taking a few of these to perform basic functions they will take way less room than other computers. HTPCs, Carputers, simple servers, I'm guessing someone will find a way to shove a minecraft server onto them. Low powered linux computers are still typically old hardware repurposed like laptops, netbooks, etc. and those things are huge and power hungry compared to this little thing.

Chance fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Mar 5, 2012