Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I set up a pi-hole under a friend's guidance and don't regret getting the heat sinks but it seems to be chugging along just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

hark posted:

I realized after reading this thread that I also have collected like 5 or 6 3b+ pi units over time. what kind of cluster stuff are y'all doing with yours? anything particularly neat? or just niche things? both?!?!?
Are you the rear end in a top hat who sniped me every time I was trying to get a 3B on ebay??

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

eightysixed posted:

Pi4 for PiHole is way overkill.
I’ve been running PiHole on a Pi1 for the better part of a decade.
I ended up getting a pi4 for pihole for the reason that I could not get a 3B at all, I bid on like twelve eBay auctions and somehow lost all of them, presumably to the same rear end in a top hat.