Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Anyone used one of these cases? http://www.etsy.com/listing/93162730/bramble-pi-raspberry-pi-model-b-laser?ref=shop_home_active I just ordered a Pi and it's a shitload cooler looking than the plastic ones on Amazon for only a few more dollars. Can't tell how sturdy it is though. Any case recommendations would be appreciated.

Alternately, I do have like 30 pounds of Legos sitting back at my parents house so I guess I could do that too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm pretty dumb when it comes to DIY computer stuff, but my friend set me up with retropie and I have felt like a 10 year old on Christmas for 3 days straight. It's so cool having a tiny little reto console hooked up to my TV. I really wish the thing had an on/off switch though.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I am having a problems saving while using Retropie. My save games are wiped 75% of the time when I turn it back on. The best advice I can find is that you need to properly shut it down after using it, but it also seems to crash after any extended use. Any advice would be appreciated.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah, I saw that too. So the reason it's not saving must be related to the crashes. 70% of the time that I use it for more than an hour or 2, trying to exit back to emulation station just brings me to a black screen with a white dot in the middle. I don't know if that problem is specific to me though because I can't find anyone else on Google having the same problem. As it stands, it's not even worth trying to play a game that uses save states.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Thanks, I'd appreciate it because I still have no idea what to do about it.

Actually at this point it won't even launch. The whole shebang just crashes when I plug it in.