Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CollegeCop
Jul 11, 2005

You're right. I'm not a real cop. Those are imaginary handcuffs. And in a minute, we'll be going to the make-believe jail.

inpheaux posted:

(re: Model A availability at launch)

Nah, they said both would be available at launch.

Nah, only Model B's were manufactured for first run. I won't say that the Model A's were never going to be available at launch, but they have said since the first manufacturing run started that the first batch would be B's only, and A's would come later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CollegeCop
Jul 11, 2005

You're right. I'm not a real cop. Those are imaginary handcuffs. And in a minute, we'll be going to the make-believe jail.

Zuph posted:

MCM Electronics almost always has them in stock: http://www.mcmelectronics.com/

Ordered my Pi, a case, and some assorted cables for a project from MCM. Picked them up the same day (cause I live 20 minutes away. Envy me.).

The initial backlog of orders is over now, manufacturing is pretty steady, and most places have no problem keeping them in stock. Even if a retailer does run out, the wait is at most, a couple weeks, not a couple months like it was when they were first released.

CollegeCop
Jul 11, 2005

Lets see here - the new site boasts "ASCII art for the new millennium" and "Tastes of electric limes when licked". They also plan to use the site "to repel new customers from now on".

New site went live at 12:01 am.

On April 1st.

Yep.