Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
Can I sue someone/a company located in Spain? They're trying to change my agreed upon pay of 2% of all sales to a one-time fixed payment and it's a complete shaft. They had a successful Kickstarter and gotten Greenlit so they're getting greedy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

SaviourX posted:

Can't help, but man I hope it's not PL, because that looked pretty cool.

Nope. Anyways they simply wouldn't budge/honor their agreement so I'll be working out a flat payment with them sometime in the near future.

Unfortunately for them (at least in the short term), my flat rates for a project this size aren't very cheap.

EDIT: Really wish I had a decent template to start drafting up a baseline contract I can send out for freelance. I do audio/voice work so I guess the closest would be writing/$-by-word? Anyone have a good resource or would be willing to share theirs that I can heavily alter for my purposes? I'll obviously need to write the technical differences myself but a lot of the standard conditions described in "gently caress you, pay me" would be wonderful to have already outlined and on-hand.

The Joe Man fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Jan 4, 2014

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Yip Yips posted:

Sounds like you're screwing yourself out of money.

Either I get paid a decent lump for my work, be done with it and have something nice on my resume forever or I have nothing at all. I understand their viewpoint somewhat (the "hassle" of having to pay me a monthly percentage forever) but I agree that they shouldn't have agreed to it in the first place if they were unwilling to do that. My five hours of late-night arguing with them went nowhere.

I'll get mine, just in a different form. It might even work out better if the project (surprisingly) flops. I'll be paid and done. Next time I'll have a contract!

Yip Yips posted:

Cutting one more check a month (or every 3 months) seems like a non-issue and that they just want to pay you less.
I agree completely, which is why I was so pissed.

The Joe Man fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jan 5, 2014