Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lyz
May 22, 2007

I AM A GIRL ON WOW GIVE ME ITAMS
Hey all, I'm super new to the whole freelancing thing - so far my "freelancing" has been doing hourly work for my husband's LLC (formed with a good friend), which has been kind of a "we trust you to not over report your hours, go nuts" type deal. Probably not the best model for future freelancing, but on the plus side I got to basically design this company's brand from the ground up.

Now, people associated with the company are asking me to do some work for them - a salesperson wants me to make a logo for the LLC she formed. When is the right time to bring up being paid for it? We've already discussed what she wants for a logo, should I do up the contract while I'm still working on ideas? Should I show her some initial ideas and then insist on a contract and pricing before I deliver a finished product? I want to be accommodating and not be like "show me money or go away," but on the flip side I don't want to give my work away. On the plus side, given her association with my husband's company I can offend her and not suffer for it (yay nepotism), or have a little extra peer pressure on my side should she not want to pay me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU