Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yip Yips
Sep 25, 2007
yip-yip-yip-yip-yip
Sounds like you're screwing yourself out of money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yip Yips
Sep 25, 2007
yip-yip-yip-yip-yip
Cutting one more check a month (or every 3 months) seems like a non-issue and that they just want to pay you less.

Hope it works out well for you though.

Yip Yips
Sep 25, 2007
yip-yip-yip-yip-yip
I have never seen a website that's more difficult to process.

Yip Yips
Sep 25, 2007
yip-yip-yip-yip-yip
Red flag city, abort.

Yip Yips
Sep 25, 2007
yip-yip-yip-yip-yip
If someone opens by describing their project as an "opportunity" for me I just mentally check out and nod my head until they're done talking.

If you do get him to sign a contract I would still recommend not letting him run up a big tab for obvious reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yip Yips
Sep 25, 2007
yip-yip-yip-yip-yip
Samples (aka pitches for contract work) are very different from spec work.

What's the 2 year exclusivity deal about? I can't imagine that will stick. If I'm paying you to design characters for my IP I want to own those characters straight up.

12k might be a little steep simply because of how notoriously cheap the industry is, but it's not entirely unreasonable if you're a professional (hit deadlines, communicate well, etc) and you're good at what you do.