Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Peeches posted:

Any mural artist here?
How do you charge for your work?

Back story:
For a local ma and pa mexican restaurant, I painted a huge mural.... 10ft tall by 25ft long. I told her before I did it it was my first one and we could talk about commission after ( I had doubts) but I blew it away, it was 90 hours at least, but there's no way to know how much longer it took to figure poo poo out. It was really my first painting besides wine and canvas. Yes, I know. she really believed in me.

She paid me 300 prior for a large chalk board mural behind the bar.

I got paid 8k for a ''mural'' that was just done digitally and printed out at 2m x 8m.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

You can try Reedsy if it's for a book.