Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Juanito posted:

Yep, Disney is pretty much responsible for screwing up copyright law, and extending the copyright period for a ridiculous amount of time.

If they hadn't taken the lead on that I'm sure Fox/Universal/Warner would have teamed up for a similar result, it's just that Disney's incredibly old work still makes up a huge volume of their current revenue. Kind of ironic given that the vast majority of their films are based on existing public domain works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Nessa posted:

I'm disappointed. I thought I had an alright colouring job lined up, but they said they don't really "do" contracts.
It sounds like you dodged a bullet.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

One of the biggest problems with design is that, almost by definition, laypersons literally can't tell the difference between getting "a logo" crowdsourced for $50 that sucks and getting a whole identity that will be versatile enough to work in all the situations they need it in. I think some of this has to do with a lot of designers not having a good understanding of what they need to sell when a client asks "I need a logo," and as long as designers go along with just making a logo the situation won't improve.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

The hardest thing for someone working freelance to do is turn down work but sometimes it might be worth it in the long run, just try to leave it in a "no, but I've got time in three weeks" or "no, but I'd love to work with you on your next project," context.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

It's going to be interesting to see how Disney responds to the cottage industry of t-shirts, art, etc. featuring stylized Star Wars stuff, Lucas always seemed pretty hands-off.