Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psych
Feb 13, 2005

The Infernal
I got this e-mail out of the blue today and I'm hoping you guys can tell me the sort of stuff I need to know before going forward.

some guy posted:

Hi,
I'm an indie developer on a two man team that is looking into creating an electronic fantasy-themed collectable card game. I saw some of your work on <a previous project I worked on> and I thought that you would be great as an artist for the project. The project is still very much in development but I am trying to get an estimate of how much it would cost to produce this game, which includes hiring an artist to do what will amount to about 100 different cards of about the same size as the art in the <previous project mentioned before>. If there's anyway you could give me a price estimate for that kind of work I would be very grateful.

I look forward to hearing from you,
<some guy>

I've before in the past but that was for friends on projects far far smaller than this. I've gathered from the thread thus far that I should write up a contract and make sure I get an advance. What else should I consider while formulating my reply?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psych
Feb 13, 2005

The Infernal
Thanks for the help.

Considering the 'in development' description of the project I always thought it'd be a long shot that I'd hear anything back if I responded to this, and so far I haven't. But it's good I got my bases covered.