Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comb Your Beard
Sep 28, 2007

Chillin' like a villian.
What are some breweries I should hit in Denver and Boulder? I hear it's a real craft beer hub. I like lagers, goses, pale ales, IPAs sparingly. Not a lot of sweet malt or dark malt. Not sure if that matters for brewery recs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comb Your Beard
Sep 28, 2007

Chillin' like a villian.

funkybottoms posted:

it does, and you should go to Bierstadt

Bierstadt Lagerhaus that does all lagers? That sounds awesome thanks for the trip.

Comb Your Beard
Sep 28, 2007

Chillin' like a villian.
Going to Berlin, Prague, and Vienna soon. Any beer tips for any of them? I'm reading that Berliner Weisse style is kind of dead in Berlin itself. They actually add red or green syrup to them.

Want to drink tons of dry pilsner. Don't really like sweet malty ones.

Comb Your Beard
Sep 28, 2007

Chillin' like a villian.
Spent the holidays in the Catskills and I'm going to Suarez Family Brewery tomorrow. Anything I should seek out there? I'm not super in touch with the beer hipster scene, more of a wine guy, but I think this place should be good right?

Comb Your Beard
Sep 28, 2007

Chillin' like a villian.
Any brewery recs for Asheville, NC? I like sours, lagers, saisons/farmhouse/mixed fermentation. I don't hate IPAs but they aren't usually my focus.

Comb Your Beard
Sep 28, 2007

Chillin' like a villian.

Apache posted:

Zilicoah is about a 10 min drive north of the south slope area and specializes in those.

Zillacoah looks great. I'm gonna advocate to my group we make it our 1 pick outside South Slope Brewing District if we only do 1 of those.

Comb Your Beard
Sep 28, 2007

Chillin' like a villian.
My Asheville report: went to Funkatorium, Burial, Greenman, and Hi-wire. Caught a jam band at Orange Peel, seemed pretty covid safe.

The next day did much lighter visits to Hillman Beer and French Broad Brewery. Tried going to Zillicoah just to get to-go beers but there was a car line just to get in to park, gave up. All in all a solid trip, drank lots of sours and saisons.

Funkatorium was impressive, the corporate ownership didn't seem to detract from what I can tell.

Comb Your Beard
Sep 28, 2007

Chillin' like a villian.
I looked for the cream ale in Northern Virginia a while back and came up empty handed. Found Genesee Lager though, which was ok for a cheapo, kinda like a gansett or natty bo or rolling rock. I should try again.

Comb Your Beard
Sep 28, 2007

Chillin' like a villian.
Prague has U Kunštátů. It was fun but not worth planning on a trip around. Like an American craft experience.

Comb Your Beard
Sep 28, 2007

Chillin' like a villian.
Lidl had a cool thing where you get 12 different German beers in the big cans. Had 3 so far. Not sure how "authentic" it is, but it's pretty fun concept.

Comb Your Beard
Sep 28, 2007

Chillin' like a villian.
My pick for ultra cheap is Narragansett or Rolling Rock.

I really like Solace Crazy Pils for a domestic local-to-me pick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comb Your Beard
Sep 28, 2007

Chillin' like a villian.
Maybe make a beer cocktail like a michelada with hot sauce? Beer combined with pepper heat would probably give me guaranteed heartburn, I can't really go there sadly.