Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whisker Biscuit
Dec 15, 2007
Older WWS is in fact pretty good, but even if we narrow it down to good with age you have Expedition Stout. Laughing at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whisker Biscuit
Dec 15, 2007
I thought Dominique was the dark sour in bourbon county barrels?

Whisker Biscuit
Dec 15, 2007

danbanana posted:

It's aged in Bourbon County barrels but I wouldn't consider it dark.

Yeah, I just remembered I'm thinking ofvthe blackberry version I had at the Great Taste of the Midwest.

Whisker Biscuit
Dec 15, 2007

Radio Nowhere posted:

Pappy Van Winkle uses wheat in its mash bill, not rye that is typical (like Buffalo Trace).

My understanding is that the Buffalo Trace distillery (as distinct from the Buffalo Trace brand) brews three recipes: High rye, low rye and wheated. Then various barrels and blends of the three get sold as all the different BT whiskeys.

As for beer: cask two hearted at bells in the beer garden after a bike ride. Definitely the best of summer.

Whisker Biscuit
Dec 15, 2007
I don't post as much as I should(?) in here anymore, but I'm FourHearted on untappd.

Beer content: 2011 Lolita vs 2011 Rose de Grambrinus was a great battle and science may demand it be revisited.