Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owithey
Aug 16, 2009
I have a question about the price of locally brewed beers in the US. I live in the UK and I don't think I've ever paid more than £20 for a bottle of beer, a nice Belgian abbey beer would probably set me back this much.

However recently I've been reading about beer trading and selling beers in the U.S. for upwards of $60. How long has this been happening? and am I missing out on some great new level of beers from the US, or is this similar to the locally brewed beers I can get here in the UK, only with a massive price tag?

I've always been happy with the variety of beers and styles a can get here and around Europe. Just with the incredible prices of the beers in the US, I feel like I'm missing out on something, please set my mind at rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owithey
Aug 16, 2009
Well, that's good to hear at least. There are plenty of inventive beers around here and it's pretty easy to get the European beers as well. I just hope that trend isn't going towards beers with the same kind of pricing as wines, with a artificially inflated premium level of beer.