Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

consensual poster
Sep 1, 2009

Merkin Muffley posted:

Y'all did me right with recommendations for my trip to Vermont, so here I am asking for some more... this time in Portland, OR.

We'll be spending 5 days out there (with one of those on the coast near Cannon Beach), so plenty of time to get around. Our AirBnb is in Sellwood, and we're relying mostly on public transportation. Although we do have a friend we're hanging out with that's willing to drive us around. Looking for good food, beer, any sights worth seeing that aren't crazy tourist spots, and a good place to get fresh AF oysters.

I'm already planning on passing through Tillamook to hit up De Garde on 'the way' to the coast. We might head east one day to do some hiking around Mt Hood but nothing is set in stone yet. Any and all advice is welcome, thanks everyone!

Being in Sellwood and using public transportation, I would recommend taking the Orange MAX line north to the area around SE 12th and Division. In that area I would recommend Baerlic Brewery, Chuckanut, and APEX. From there, you can take a bus east down Division to Little Beast Brewing, which is quietly making some of the best and most interesting beers in town, to hang out in their beer garden and eat KC BBQ. Or you can also head north from Division and hit up Cascade Brewing Barrel House, Living Haus Beer Co, and Wayfinder. Make sure you hit Wayfinder on your trip. To the SE of Sellwood, in Milwaukee, is the main production brewery and taproom for Breakside. They make great beer and are excellent people.

I'll second the recommendation for Pfriem if you are passing by Hood River on your Mt Hood area hiking day. They are in the running for best all around brewery in the state.

Going to the De Garde tasting room is a great idea. That is an hour detour from Cannon Beach, but worth the trip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

consensual poster
Sep 1, 2009

lament.cfg posted:

Busch did 7/11

New thread title, please.