Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Quiet Feet posted:

Also had something called "Sourtyme" sour IPA from Idletyme restaurant/brewery up in Stow VT. Had Riwaka, Eukanot, and Lemon Drop hops, all of which I had not previously heard of. It was really nice and super citrus-y, mostly grapefruit and lemon. The listing on-site made no mention of fruit and if they managed to get that flavor profile from just the hops I'm impressed.

ekuanot loving sucks; it tastes like green bell peppers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

you should try this crazy new thing that all the cool kids are doing: drinking beer with no adjuncts whatsoever

might just blow your mind, man

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

danbanana posted:

People can drink what they want.

and they can bite into pizza at whatever temperature they want, too

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

danbanana posted:

No one's stopping you! Just like no one's stopping you from making GBS threads in a diaper because using a toilet was another basic skill you didn't learn at 4 years old.

i didn't say it was a good idea

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

were they kenyan bacon cheddar pretzels

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

we're getting humble sea in richmond, so i guess we're cool?

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

RocketMermaid posted:

Alas, we don't have a beer engine. Hopefully after we recover from the costs of buying a new mill/auger and keg washer we can seek one out.

Thanks! Next time you're here, if you see a girl with pink hair running in and out of the brewhouse, ask me if I have stairs in my house. :q:

Just came back from Hop & Brew School in Yakima, which was mostly touring numerous hop farms and processing facilities, sitting through seminars, and drinking and networking. It solidified in my mind that Single Hill and Bale Breaker are both fabulous breweries, especially since you can basically drink amongst a bunch of hop trellises at Bale Breaker.

you happen to meet a short woman with short black hair? one of my coworkers is out there right now on a pink boots scholarship

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

fesh and cheps

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

ha, i wondered how i should spell it; i worked with a kiwi for a bit, so i know how it sounds, anyway

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Llyr posted:

For the Canadians: is Collective Arts a good brewery or just good at marketing? I see them everywhere here in Alberta and yeah the labels are cool but I've yet to have anything from them that I would rate higher than 3/5

as an american i have not had anything from them i felt the need to repurchase

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

chicken coups

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

What Color is Your Fedora?

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

we brewed our mexican lager yesterday!

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

probably a state law. in va, you can only be served two drinks at a time regardless of size (to control overserving and underage drinking), but a flight only counts as one because it's all part of the same order.

but, yeah, no flights AND no samples is weak.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

as a brewery employee, i get mad at multiple people every day

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

danbanana posted:

Would it help if I tipped?

you? no.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Brawnfire posted:

If you don't like that, we have a hefeweizen eyewash station

coolship hand sanitizer

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

lmao i just got an email from the veil for the charcoal beer despite it having been brewed two years ago

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

well...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

danbanana posted:

Mad Elf, eh?

chill the gently caress out and remember it's people enjoying beer on the other end and their palates might taste poo poo differently than you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

krustster posted:

Bissell Bubbles- another sparkling hops water with citra, mosaic and no flavors added. I was looking forward to this one on account of their pedigree. It both smells and tastes like plain seltzer water lmao. I legitimately think they may have forgot to put the hops in.

hop oil concentrate, but, yeah, either not enough or they didn't blend it in very well