Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midorka
Jun 10, 2011

I have a pretty fucking good palate, passed BJCP and level 2 cicerone which is more than half of you dudes can say, so I don't give a hoot anymore about this toxic community.

Josh Wow posted:

I don't like this lovely posting gimmick you've got going on.

:krakken:

To add to beer talk Summer Love in cans is fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midorka
Jun 10, 2011

I have a pretty fucking good palate, passed BJCP and level 2 cicerone which is more than half of you dudes can say, so I don't give a hoot anymore about this toxic community.

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

Not Your Fathers Root Beer: Good Beer
CBS: Cloying Mess

Yup, and I'll stand by that statement. Quote me or pay for it to go on my title, especially since I still have no idea whaty title or avatar means. CBS is gross and I wouldn't drink it again. Maybe the keg I drank from happened to be different than how yours tasted but the CBS I tasted was so severely syrup that I didn't want to finish my 6 ounces and the Founders fanboy I was with thought the same, he opted for a second KBS instead of CBS. Batch variation I suppose.

Drinking Kane's Hop Lab Imperial Red now, loving great beer. Juicy peach and cantaloupe hop profile with a wonderful caramel and toasted malt base. No hints of booze at 9.2% abv.

Midorka fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jun 3, 2015

Midorka
Jun 10, 2011

Spanish Manlove posted:

This article is 100% correct in my opinion, but still dumb and smug.

These forums are totally devoid of smugness and are totally open to unpopular opinions.

sterster posted:

Will return with opinion on CBS after today.

Rootbeer beer is a gimmick for me as it doesn't really add anything that I'm looking for. Not your fathers is really sweet and taste like rootbeer. Congrats! You did it. I'll enjoy my IBC or Dad's which I think are better rootbeers.

Well yeah dude, the point was to create a beer that mimicked root beer while having alcohol so it sounds like they definitely hit the mark.

Midorka
Jun 10, 2011

ChickenArise posted:

More like "gimmicked" root beer

:fartnoises:

In addition to Kane's imperial red, Great Divides ba Ruffian was great. Big toasted coconut with burnt brown sugar, really nice despite the hottish weather.

Midorka
Jun 10, 2011

a worthy uhh posted:

Get the gently caress out and back to your poo poo thread, you human being retard.

Well that escalated quickly.

Midorka
Jun 10, 2011

a worthy uhh posted:

Just quoting his shitpost that for whatever reason gets a pass from the mods.

:allears:

Time to shower beer with a Summer Love. Last can, guess tomorrow I'll have to pick up a case.

Midorka
Jun 10, 2011

MunchE posted:

Look I'm all for having a serious discussion about cheap beer but most of the time it's some jackalope declaring Bud to be amazing and Coors to be piss even though they're damned near the same beer. Anyhow for the record Keystone Light is legit because it's lightly carbonated and has a clean finish without any of that corn shenanigans you get in PBR. Closest relative is Coors Light which is also deece but costs $5 more for a 30pk

I love PBR and Genessee Cream Ale to be completely honest. And Not Your Grandfathers 19% is where it's at, that stuff is super dangerous though.

Midorka
Jun 10, 2011

I love Sam Adams Cream Stout, wish I could find it more places. I also really liked their Hazel Brown Ale and their Coffee Stout they put in packs a year or two ago.

Midorka
Jun 10, 2011

Compusaurus posted:

Sporadic #3: Get hosed #2 Bourbon/Wine because #3 is a billion times better over already great beers. Tart, not overly so, with layers of flavor. Apple on the back end. Really great beer.

I can totally see why this thread is getting poo poo on. It's a parody of itself and these dudes are just amplifying the ridiculousness going on here. Like why the gently caress does every new variant have to be hype? Why can't you enjoy a beer without making GBS threads on another (Yeah Maharaja is good, but XXX is way better is way too loving common)? Why the gently caress do we need $2,000+ of beer in a cellar that we aren't going to ever loving drink before it ages past enjoyment? Why the gently caress can't we appreciate a beer for what it is without saying, "well it's not as good as XXXX." Who the gently caress cares? The beer culture loving sucks now and it has for a while. You know the best loving beers I've had recently? A Genesee Cream Ale at my best friends house hanging out with his 1 year old son and his fiance, you know poo poo that actually matters.

I hope to loving god that cigar culture never gets as pretentious as this loving has because beer sucks incredible dick right now and these newcomer dudes are highlighting why. This thread is hostile as gently caress to any disagreeing palates and you know what? I hope to watch it loving burn. You know what cigar guys do to newcomers? loving offer them rare cigars and advice instead of making GBS threads on them. I don't give a drat about beer at this point, but maybe you guys can loving learn a manner lesson.

I've met a lot of you guys by now and half of you wouldn't so discerning or hard on things in person as you are on the internet. Chill the gently caress out and remember it's people enjoying beer on the other end and their palates may taste poo poo differently than you.

I don't give a crap if I get banned at this point. This was the only thread I really checked and it's just a loving dumb echo chamber of "xxx beer is good" over and over with any discussion trampled by dissenters. Let the poo poo posts commence, and god knows it was mostly poo poo before these guys came.

Edit: And if I'm banned someone take over the headphones thread because that is worthless here as well.

Midorka fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Jun 7, 2015

Midorka
Jun 10, 2011

danbanana posted:

The reason this is an echo chamber is because in general people don't post about mediocre or bad beers here.
Because if I were to say, "Grapefruit Sculpin loses everything that makes it Sculpin with the grapefruit added." I would be slammed here. If I said, "I like Pumking." I would be slammed here. This is an incredibly hostile community and it took me learning cigars to realize how loving stupid this culture has become over the past few years because some dudes have money to afford a "cellar" of beers that shouldn't have been aged in the first place. I'm afraid to share any opinion for fear of the community making GBS threads on it and making me feel inferior but you know what? I have a pretty loving good palate, passed BJCP and level 2 cicerone which is more than half of you dudes can say, so I don't give a hoot anymore about this toxic community. I've met some great people here, but online many of you guys are complete dicks and for what loving reason? We're all here to celebrate beer, and yet we sit alone and alienate ourselves on an already small loving online community.

Good riddance and I hope these new peoples disrupt the community and make you all think about how lovely it's become.

Midorka
Jun 10, 2011

dphi posted:

drat midorka, did your account get hacked? I thought things were cool once ShaneB stopped posting here but you seem to have taken the few contrary opinions to your tastes since very personally. I really doubt you'd get "slammed" for either of those things you mentioned and if you did, who really cares - most of the posters here are going to be totally unpretentious about this stupid hobby and you have to have noticed that by now. If that was your last post here, well, cheers, I'll pour out some Love Buzz for you next time I pop a bottle.

I like every person that I've met in person, but I've seen some of those guys be a bit dickish online (me included). These internet forums bring out the worst in us, especially when it comes to being drunk and having personal opinions. Listen dudes, I'm sure you're all great people, but most of you guys are loving dickheads online and that's putting it simply (I'm not excluded).

quote:

who really cares?

When an opinion is attacked with no backing it feels like the whole community is against you and it either pisses people off or pushes them away from posting. This makes the most vocal opinions hold the most weight and creates the echo chamber. Reddit fails the same issues since the votes are hidden, maybe even more so. You say that the posters are unpretentious? Sure, the ones I've met were super super loving cool! Online? It's a loving drunken poo poo show of everyone being afraid that their thoughts are going to be invalidated because of a dissenting opinion, and I'm not innocent myself either. This community is the least accepting of every community I've ever been in and that includes MOBA games like LoL or DOTA, which are the pits of hell. Yeah this ranks up there with them. I don't give the least bit of poo poo anymore. All I can hope is that a few people might read this and think, "Well poo poo, I've been a dick in the past, time to make things more friendly," because this community accepts no newcomers.

I never gave a poo poo about ShaneB. I was in WoW communities long before he trolled forums and attempted to make people feel like poo poo, I was involved in that since I was 12. I was hardened to that long before I knew his name, online trolls are not even in the corner of my mind because I don't give a poo poo about online except for passing time. The general theme around here is a pissing contest of who has the rarest beer with no loving actual intent to talk about beer related issues as implicated with some of my recent posts, which were certainly a bit hostile because "gently caress this place" by now.

Midorka fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Jun 7, 2015

Midorka
Jun 10, 2011

Podima posted:

Midorka. Stop posting and go to bed. Take it easy. You're taking this poo poo a little too seriously.
Don't give a poo poo about this thread anymore, these FYAD morons posting here just enabled me to share how I really felt without actually loving caring about much. This is the most pretentious beer thread I've ever come upon.

Midorka fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Jun 7, 2015

Midorka
Jun 10, 2011

wattershed posted:

All of these criticisms, then a compliment, I'm confused.

You are probably an awesome dude in person, especially because you seem as such online. My issue is the general toxicity and elitism that is observed here daily and for what gain? What loving gain? This is a rhetorical question because I don't really care I'm drunk and have time to kill. I've been in the retail side of the beer world for 8 years. I've seen the customers, sales and internet grow based around it and I'm done with it, I'm onto cigars.

swickles posted:

You have posted like 4 times since being done with this thread and claimed to not care about it.

I'm drunk and ain't going anywhere, not at the moment. To claim that posting means that I give a poo poo gives validation to the FYAD posters.

Midorka fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Jun 7, 2015

Midorka
Jun 10, 2011

FYAD SECRETARY posted:

1 more beer is what you need

1 more pre-prohib 4 loco you mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midorka
Jun 10, 2011

funkybottoms posted:

lol nice meltdown Midorka and lol just lol at your cigar nerd vs beer nerd comparison, i'm sure they spend a lot of time talking about Phillies Blunts, Black & Mild, and Backwoods in their genteel, magnanimous forums.

ps- hope you enjoyed my GBS Tap Takeover posting style, i didn't want to come off as being more pretentious than i am already
You're an idiot.