Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
Backwoods Bastard with a year on it is one of my favorite beers. Same with aged Expedition Stout... I don't think that's a contentious statement here though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

Just found some Hardywood Kentucky Christmas Morning here at a Publix. Nice.

Was this one of the infected ones?

Munkaboo fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jan 6, 2018

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

How much of a total poo poo show is the Veil going to be this weekend for the Jester King Event, funky? I'm thinking 9 out of 10.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

funkybottoms posted:

Dark Daze was surprisingly chill, so i dunno, but it'll probably suck because JK is name that still holds a lot of mystique for the "new money" crowd; Atrial and Nocturn are fantastic beers, but no way am i gonna stand in line with a hundred other assholes to maybe get a pour, and there's not much else in the lineup that speaks to me. we're releasing our Earl Grey beer on the same day and also pouring a bunch of Potters and Champion,* so if i'm in the neighborhood i will be in the back having a little bottle share with those folks (which you RVA dudes would be welcome to attend). we're also releasing our Bohemian pils this week and i'm pretty pumped about that, not to mention having our Idle Hands collab and Company Man in tanks and our doppelbock coming soon #neverstoplagering

*Andy from Potters created the beer with the Ardent guys before we had a brewery, then moved to Charlottesville and his friend who owns Champion made it there, so we call it a collaboration with both of them since we're all cool with each other

Cool. I'll hit you up if I go downtown.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

Victory Home Grown Lager is basically Summer Love and I love it.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

Spanish Manlove posted:

Anyone who ever says anything bad about toronado SF is an autistic piece of poo poo who can't hang out with stoners or hipsters.

Also I'm extremely surprised at how good blind pig tastes. I thought it was straight up hype but I could drink that forever.

Is this 2010?

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

danbanana posted:

Blind Pig is better than any hazy IPA I've ever had.

Nah I just mean the Toronado + Blind Pig combo gave me early beer drinking days vibes. Yes, Blind Pig was great when I had it in Cali.

Toronado can suck a dick.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

poop dood posted:

holy god dude i fully relate

The new Triple Crossing releases are pretty nice. Haven't had this batch of the coconut coffee stout they released though. Also at work we just put on a keg of Commonwealth Man and there's a keg of Veil's dry-hopped Coalesce pils behind that. I'm moving to Atlanta in June and I think I'm really gonna miss the beer around here. Is there a good NE IPA brewery in the area there? Creature Comforts makes some cool stuff but their IPAs don't really scratch that particular itch for me.

I picked up Veils Child Support Pills and IdontwanttobeU3 ... Enjoyed the pils, the ID3 was a bit too imbalanced even for Veil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

funkybottoms posted:

most people i know- and that obviously includes many industry folks- feel the same way.

the last bath of White Ferrari was weird and vegetal as gently caress- i thought it tasted like canned peas and a coworker got olive oil and garlic

i would gladly drink myself sick on Hornswoggler, though

I agree! A couple weeks does wonders.