Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

That tap list for Hunahpu's Day looks incredible, but I'm a little bummed about the decreased bottle limit. Of course I would have been a lot more bummed if I went and wouldn't be able to buy any at all, so I'll deal with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

bananasinpajamas posted:

Yeah that was the idea. Some people are pissed but it makes sense in the long run. But just so you know, we're not going to run out no matter what.

Good to know! I've talked at least three friends into heading over from Orlando, and I don't think they'd be very happy with me if they came home empty-handed.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

bananasinpajamas posted:

Final Hunahpu's Day taplist:
:stonk:

I think the best part about going with a group is that I can share some of these beers so I don't end up getting alcohol poisoning. Even then, there's obviously no way I'm going to get to try even half the beer I want to, but that's a good problem to have.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Hunahpu's was pretty slammed today. I didn't get there in time to get a wristband, but I stayed around, enjoyed some taps, and picked up half a case at the end. Everyone who worked for the brewery kept saying the people at the end of the line (which was pretty sizable when I left) weren't going to end up getting anything, and I'm sure the woman in line next to me who kept buying up the beer other people in line didn't want for themselves wasn't helping any. I wish I could have gotten there earlier to try some of the rare taps, and I'm kicking myself a little for not going ahead and buying a full case, but I'm happy with what I got.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

deadwing posted:

Really? I thought for sure that they would run out far before case sales were on at 7:30 with how much busier it was than last year and the same bottle count.

From what I was hearing, they only gave out 1600 bracelets, so they had around 100 cases left when they started selling them. The line for case sales started a little after 5:00, and I wanted to make drat sure I didn't leave empty handed, so I was near the front. At least the sun wasn't an issue by then.

I'll probably try to make sure I get there earlier next year, even if it's just to grab a bracelet early and then go do something else for a while (assuming they use a similar system). Mostly though I just want to go back on a more typical day some time and try some beer in the tasting room without the huge crowd.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Podima posted:

For anyone who's had the Dos Costas Oeste beers from Cigar City (we have a CCB goon here, right? bananasinpajamas?) would you recommend them? A buddy of mine saw that a store by his folks' has all three varieties - lemon, grapefruit, and cedar wood aged, but it'll be at around $20 a pop.

I only tried the grapefruit, which was selling for around $14 around here last year, but I liked it a lot. That said, I didn't rush out to buy more, or to try the other flavors, because that still seemed like a lot of money to spend on a bottle of beer. I'd say go for it if the flavors sound particularly interesting to you and you have the money to spare, but otherwise there's a ton of great beer out there that costs significantly less than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I cracked open a 2012 Hunahpu's last night, and I have to say that while I preferred it fresh, it still held up better than I feared it might, which is reassuring since I still have a couple bottles left.