Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Just got a beer by Goose Island, Fleur - Belgian Style Ale. It was bottled over a year ago, so it should be good :ohdear:

I have no idea how to review beer, but I'll give it a shot if I remember to post later!

edit: Also, if anyone is looking for Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA, the beer distributor in Portchester, NY has a few on their shelf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Finally got around to ordering some beers from Blackwell's last week. They arrive today, I got the following:

3x Pliney The Elder
1x Dogfish Hellhound
2x Random IPAs (told them to surprise me)

VERY excited to finally try Pliney The Elder as I've never had one before and have only heard amazing things.

Hellhound is DELICIOUS. We have it on tap currently at the local World of Beer bar. Quite scrumptious.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

bartolimu posted:

Pliny is a good IPA, no doubt about it. A lot of people in this thread (me included) think RR's other IPA, Blind Pig, is better. Pliny just gets more hype because of its younger brother. Still, it's something every beer lover should try just to say they have. (Also insert "by the time it ships to you it'll be a week in the bottle, too old" joke here)

I'll definitely keep Blind Pig in mind for the next time I order internet beers!

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Has anyone tried the Habanero Sculpin IPA? Killing to get a few bottles, but am having no luck sourcing it in CT. :smithicide:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Thanks for the feedback guys! Time to try and locate some for myself to test out and learn it is too spicy.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

HatfulOfHollow posted:

Habanero Sculpin is awesome. I just finished a case of it and there was definite heat variation between bottles, ranging from tongue tickling to face melting. The last bottle we drank was split between 4 people and it was so hot that it made our eyes water. And even that was still an enjoyable experience. It's a great beer and the heat is a nice touch... if you can handle it.

Pair it with Thai, Indian or fish tacos. It's awesome. A+ would drink again.

I'm a big fan of spice. Since it appears I can only order a 24 case off their site, is it worth it?

Also, this combination of Thai or Indian with a spicy beer, sounds like it will not bode well for by b-hole.

FYAD SECRETARY posted:

While I haven't had Habanero Sculpin, but I did recently get a 6 pack of Grapefruit Sculpin for the first time and it's great. The grapefruit is really present in the aroma, and the taste isn't too pithy or anything. The only other grapefruit ipa I had was Stone's Grapefruit Slam and that was quite bitter and pithy, but that's probably because that one was made with peels.

Also REALLY want to try this, awesome to hear it is delicious!

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

HatfulOfHollow posted:

Speaking of Sculpin and the awesome people at Ballast Point, I sent them a note about the broken bottle I had a few days ago and they got right back to me. They wanted to ship me new beer but due to crazy PA laws that isn't possible. They did send me a sweet bag o' crap though.

Cool brewery. Cool people. Gonna continue supporting breweries who take care of their customers like this. They went way far above and beyond.

Very cool of them.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
So for my birthday my boss got me a gift card to an online craft beer "store." Here's what I ordered:

2x Victory Anniversary 19 Session IPA - 12OZ BTL
3x Saint Archer Blonde Ale - 12OZ CAN
1x Russian River Damnation - 375ML BTL
1x Knee Deep Hoptologist Double IPA - 22OZ BTL
3x Evil Twin Molotov Lite - 16OZ CAN
1x Coronado Devil's Tale IPA - 22OZ BTL
2x Ballast Point Habanero Sculpin IPA - 12OZ BTL
1x Modern Times Protocosmos IPA - 22OZ BTL
1x Maui Lorenzini Double IPA - 4PK 12OZ CAN

How'd I do? :ohdear:

I love Ballast Point, but never had the habanero so I felt obliged to order it.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
I got a bottle of Paradox Brewing's "Salty Lemon"...not sure how common/uncommon it is, but I'd never seen it before and I love lemons so I gave it a shot. FANTASTIC beer, I'd highly recommend it.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
I need to try and find more of their stuff, although being in CT won't make that an easy task unfortunately. I really enjoyed the light sourness with the lemon flavor, they complimented each other nicely rather than just being wildly sour.

graybook posted:

I had that a couple of weeks ago, but I felt it was a tame option compared to other stuff of theirs I could've gotten. Would you recommend anything else of theirs?

e: the one I had also smelled like Spam

This is the first, and only, beer of theirs that I've ever had. If that changes I'll be sure to report my findings!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
I got super lucky when I stopped by the store last night. Wow, didn't expect such a haul. :toot: