Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

POCKET CHOMP posted:

TBQH, this kind of mentality made sense with the realistically very low risk of catching it domestically when this survey was done in mid-April. But the CECC has indicated that the recent domestic cluster infections hasn't really led to a huge surge of people getting the vaccine. And my own anecdotal evidence suggests the same, as I've watched the reservation system for the self-paid option at the hospital nearest to me (and I live in the northern metropolis). Up until 6 PM today I could've booked an appointment for tomorrow, and Wed-Fri is varying from 50%-70% booked. Next week is basically wide open.

Yep, for real I would not be surprised if some of the early AZ expires unused

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008
Remember back when we posted this stuff and there was no domestic spread? Good times, good times.

At least we're down to 54 cases and only 37 of those out of quarantine, but also Delta may have got out, and at that right where most of my family lives so we'll see how that poo poo goes down.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

POCKET CHOMP posted:

lol remember when you could just walk in and get a vaccine and they were worried that they were actually gonna expire? lmao.

has anyone here who got the first dose gotten the second shot? i know they announced a week ago or so that people who got their first shot before 5/9 could go in for round 2. i missed that cutoff by 2 days but supposedly the second shot is more effective if you stretch it even further to 10-12 weeks after the first, so i'm not exactly super worried, but i do kinda wonder what the process is for us totally stupid weirdos who got the vaccine back when nobody wanted it.

I'm waiting to hit 10 weeks since I got mine 5/3, so we'll see. I've seen comments from people who got it or set up reservations already. Seems like everything varies according to hospital though so who knows.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008
Some interesting stuff someone posted in the CSPAM thread:

https://twitter.com/wearytolove/status/1409179879786967042?s=20

It has crossed my mind how it’s interesting Taiwan still uses 武漢肺炎 so much whereas elsewhere it and similar terms are frowned upon because of rising sinophilia and not wanting to contribute to that.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008
Yeah it’s a flu-like disease that was first discovered in Wuhan; it’s a reasonable name in isolation, it just became a racist dogwhistle in the US so now frowned upon. Outside of that context it’s not *as bad* but clearly people and the greens in particular still leverage it to remind people it came from mainland originally.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008
Due for AZ #2 tomorrow, fairly happy they're letting people get our second ones.

Just wish we could stomp out these last few cases, but people are so chomping at the bit to go gently caress around in restaurants I don't think it would pass.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

POCKET CHOMP posted:

Did you just contact the hospital you originally got it at? The registration system at the hospital I went to was taken down after self-paid no longer was an option. I know I should research it but I just passed 8 weeks a few days ago, so I want to give it a bit longer before I bother with it.

(Also, I'm in the middle of a move so I got about a zillion other things on my mind but yeah, I really shouldn't forget about it.)

They’re being strict with 10 week thing so yeah you got time.

Ended up being at the same place as before, apparently other places didn’t have openings. Wife just called around the other day since she knew I was close to time. I hear there’s a place in Tainan a lot of people are going to but can’t remember which one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008
7 day average of local cases in the wild (i.e. not discovered when already in quarantine) 3.4/day.

Pretty fuckin solid and beginning to think there’s a chance that save for a super spreader even we could actually wipe out domestic spread again with some luck.