Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kenner116
May 15, 2009

Chantilly Say posted:

This island is tight, I want to move here.
Take it one step further and move to Lyudao or the Penghus or Jinmen. These places are even tighter than mainland Taiwan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kenner116
May 15, 2009

Mr. Belpit posted:

Also, we fly into Taoyuan on the 8th at 11:30pm. How much of a hassle would it likely be to find transport into the city at such a time and day?

I've come in at midnight and have gotten a bus as late as 1 AM. The main issue was getting transport from Taipei Main Station. One time I rode a YouBike for an hour down to my dorm at NCCU, and another time I just walked to around Gonggguan and slept in a 7-11 until the buses started up at 5:45.

kenner116
May 15, 2009

kenner116
May 15, 2009

url posted:

Colleague friend from work got a new drone past couple of weeks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUrNgwnLS5Y

enjoy :)

Needs more Muzha.

kenner116
May 15, 2009
Taiping Island.

kenner116
May 15, 2009
There's plenty to do for three weeks. My first trip here was for a month and I kept pretty busy. Heck I spent a month this summer in Taitung alone.

kenner116
May 15, 2009
Lugang 鹿港 is a nice town with a lot of historic stuff.

kenner116
May 15, 2009
New Taipei is a good name. It's either that or Hsinpei.

Anyway, had a couple nice day trips last week to New Bamboo County. Ate Hakka food. Recommend.

kenner116
May 15, 2009
Hope everyone enjoyed their election eve activities. Don't forget to vote for and against this long list of numbers.

kenner116
May 15, 2009

GoutPatrol posted:

If you're in Nantou, spending no time with foreigners will be easy.

Puli is pretty nice. Spent an afternoon at the Chung Tai Museum and it was really impressive. Lots of old Chinese and Buddhist artifacts.

kenner116
May 15, 2009
Anyone going down to Chiayi this weekend for eclipse tourism?

kenner116
May 15, 2009

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_eclipse_of_June_21,_2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kenner116
May 15, 2009
Have noticed lots of foreign tourists the past couple weeks. Feels like 2019 again. 🙂