Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

Haraksha posted:

Lots of good information.

But as an English teacher, I am compelled to point out that you used "your" in almost every instance that you were supposed to use "you're".

I'm sorry, but this has been driving me nuts and I believe this bears repeating. If only there's a way I can help out with those corrections. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard

Hi Taiwanese goons, I've got a question. I thought about asking the Small Questions thread, but I think I'll try here first. Many years ago, when I went to Taiwan, I bought a ton of these calligraphy pens on the cheap. They're the ACE 英士小楷毛筆, and they look like this:

Fast forward to today, there's a Little Taipei near my house (in America), and a book store carried these brush pens. It was my only place to keep buying these fun little pens, but recently the book store went out of business. Is there a place where I can still buy these things? They're great and cheap (roughly $1 USD each in Taiwan). But now, I can't find a way to buy from online Taiwanese stores or whatnot and the local Chinatown (not Little Taipei) has no idea what this thing is. It's no fun running into a constant barrage of 沒有s. :smith:

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard

Ravendas posted:

Saw them there! And a few others like it. Those exact ones were 37nt, which is maybe $1.25us. There were a few others from the same company, and some others from a different company which were more like 5-8 bucks us each.

Oooh, awesome. I'm not sure how or where to properly ask this, and it doesn't look like you accept PMs, but is it too much trouble to have you open up an SA Mart or maybe an eBay auction? I'll gladly take ten or so of those pens. Also, would you happen to know what those other brands are, as well?

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard

Any goons in Taichung? I'm here for another two weeks, and I realized I'm going to be all alone during 中秋節 and I'm not sure how to celebrate it. :(