Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vanilla
Feb 24, 2002

Hay guys what's going on in th
Hi all,

Hoping to spend 5/6 days in Taiwan in April. Been reading this thread and other sources - appreciate any feedback or idea.

I was going to rent a car in Taipei and see

- Taipei (probably do tours, not use the car)
- Jiufen
- Taroko Gorge
- Sunmoon Lake

I'm purposely leaving it sparse because my time is quite limited. I might be able to squeeze another day....

Appreciate any input

Vanilla fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Feb 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanilla
Feb 24, 2002

LimburgLimbo posted:

Depending on your route that's like 600km of driving which is a solid chunk; as long as you're cool with that and won't tire out, it is a bit faster than trains.

Is Sunmoon Lake a major destination for you? Because that's the most far outside of your way as it's across the mountains in the middle of the island whereas everything else is within a reasonably small area to the East/Northeast.

Def don't drive in Taipei imo

I'd happily swap out Sunmoon Lake for something a little closer. It was just a recommended destination by a friend who loved it.

Would you agree that a car is necessary for my trip? They seemed pretty adamant I should get one but that's just one opinion!

Vanilla
Feb 24, 2002

Thanks all, I may just skip Sunmoon Lake then. I save time and sounds like I can do it without a car!