Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dundun
Oct 29, 2005
H E R B

Haraksha posted:

I know of another spot open in Sanxia, this one less terrible than the last. M-F 3:30-8:30. It's 62000NT a month. It's a chain school, but a franchised one where a very good friend of mine basically runs the show. You should be afforded a decent amount of freedom. Email me if you're interested, same as my user name at gmail.

I've been lurking this thread for a while, what qualifications would you need to get a job like this? I have some money saved up and just got my passport a few weeks ago so I was thinking of just flying to taiwan and walking around until I found a decent teaching job instead of doing the Hess route.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dundun
Oct 29, 2005
H E R B

thegoat posted:

Do you have a 4 year degree in something? A 2 year diploma and a tefl/tesol certificate? You qualify.

If you do not have either of these, are you married to a Taiwanese woman or man?

If the answer is yes to one of these three you qualify. Otherwise you don't.

Yes I just graduated with a 4 year degree last year. So the overall opinion of Tefl is that its nice to have but not really necessary?

dundun
Oct 29, 2005
H E R B

Haraksha posted:

The position is still open, you just need a 4 year degree, don't bother with a TEFl. Shoot me an email, user name at gmail and I'll see if I can set you up.

Thanks for the offer! Right now I'm just weighing a few options because the job I was supposed to start in NY has just been put in indefinite limbo. My brother has been teaching in Korea for about 4 years now and seems to enjoy it, but I don't really find Korea as interesting as Taiwan.

dundun
Oct 29, 2005
H E R B
So when is the best time to go to Taiwan if you want to find a teaching job via the door to door/tealit route? I'm guessing its too late by now?