Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Man, ME4 sounds like it could be amazing, but it sounds like they're making the exact same mistakes they made with DA:I.

A shitload of 'content', an overarching goal that requires mobile game mission allocation, spreading 'influence', resource management. It's not a stretch to assume that each planet will be laid out similarly to the DA:I zones.

It's such a loving boring concept. Taking the worst bits of MMOs, sim/base building games and mobile games and smooshing them up together in what's supposed to be a story and character driven world. It's a waste.

I'm obviously making a lot of assumptions, but DA:I was such a loving shame, and EA seems to think it went over really well. Ah well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I was really hoping the trailer would feel optimistic like the first game was. Kind of a bummer that they went in the 'we tried exploring the universe but we hosed it and we're all hosed'.

Hopefully there's still plenty of good space feelings in the game itself.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I haven't kept up with the days news. Only two things I care about:

a) Is there a central hub where you send your crews off to do automated missions?
b) Are the open worlds filled with mini-quests and collectables?

I really, really don't want this to be DA:I in space. DA:I loving sucked.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Transmetropolitan posted:

"Pathfinder, you must manually extract this rare mineral composite for the cause"

"Don't we have actual robots and technology to fully automatize that"
You joke but it's actually terrible. Like, ruining the game terrible.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Beefstew posted:

Except you can literally send people out to farm for you. Or grow poo poo in your garden.

Base management mechanics are almost as bad as collecting mechanics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

moist turtleneck posted:

Why haven't games gone down in price if there's no box or disc or fold out map of the galaxy

In most cases getting an email code or just buying the digital copy outright costs more than the box with the code in it.

Sustainable.

• Locked thread