Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Trying Tusk tires this early season. Not risking new bibs on them though, so using some UHD tubes i keep in my shop if someone has a flat in my group rides.

Incidentally, I put the tire on with a tube as if it had a a bib - major pro move - one quick boom and it's on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

GriszledMelkaba posted:

Do you have a suggestion on how to seat the bead on mousses? The new bike I bought came with nitromousses and I fitted a section of nitrowedge in the front tire to eek out a few more rides with it but I can't get the bead to fully seat on one side. Tried the trick of blasting air through an old stem cut from a tube which didn't work and just riding it didn't work either. Do I necessarily need to have a stubborn bead seated with mousses?

I've never had an issue that wasn't solved by just riding it - no great advice unfortunately

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

DEATHCROSS!!!!!

Honda's 20 year (+?) championship drought is over tho, dang

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

kenny powerzzz posted:

So I’ve been doing less adventure bike stuff and more dirt bike stuff. Mainly because my son is old enough to ride now but not old enough to be licensed. So I picked up a 1998 Ktm 300 exc and then a 2012 Ktm 450 xcw and have been riding my parents property. We’re about bored there and really don’t have anywhere else to go. We’re in north east Ohio but I don’t mind driving a few hours to a spot or a park. There’s a local motorcross track but I think we’re more looking for riding rather than racing. Any suggestions?

I'm a trail rider but I do motocross practice days 5-10 times a year. It's super super fun and lets you really focus on basic skills.

EDIT: like yelling at your kids and shotgunning keystone

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

kenny powerzzz posted:

Not a bad idea. Our local motocross track is pretty awesome too. I ride trails more than anything myself and I could probably ride the track without killing myself, it’s my son that limits what we do. He’s 14 and I just got him a bike that is his own a few months ago. I’d like to see him with more clutch control and be a little more stable with his slow speed maneuvers. He’s just falling in love with dirt biking and is happy doing anything. It’s truly rad teaching him. But he’s not really in complete control yet.

I dunno about your local one, but many of my local MX tracks have a kids track. Great for beginners too. I took a friends 13 y/o out on the kids track on Saturday. Great place to feel safe and get your feet under you.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Joey_Redd posted:

I have an old 1997 klx 250r it’s a fun trail bike but I want to overhaul it and convert it to be a dual sport. But I guess my question here is I want to upgrade the suspension some Öhlins forks and a shock but how would I go about getting the triple tree to work with larger more modern forks, and what shock would work best for a klx 250?

I put KX forks on a KDX back in the day - I pressed the KDX steering stem into the KX trips and just used a KX front end. Shock is much harder though - clearance is tight.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Benefits of having a track include winter xc skiing. Lots of trees down unfortunately.

https://i.imgur.com/5Brihqm.mp4

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

I will accept any bike that has spent time in non DOT knobbies.

To achieve status, the thread requires posting your W-2, a pic of the knobbies, and a crash photo.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Cactus Ghost posted:

why would i put non dot tires on a dual sport. i didnt get a dual sport to trailer it everywhere

The DOT is actually just a conspiracy. It can be ignored.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

TotalLossBrain posted:

So Triumph is getting into the dirt bike game?

Link to story

Racing 250E in SX in a few weeks.

Beta made the main on saturday.

Ducati in MXGP this year and in US next year (this isn't confirmed)

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

500excf type r posted:

Who is on the factory team for Triumph?

https://www.roadracingworld.com/news/ama-supercross-triumph-announces-2024-rider-lineup/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Cactus Ghost posted:

safely as in i wont get a ticket, or safely as in i wont have a blowout on the freeway

Both