Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

Red sticker schedule: http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/pages/1234/files/2007%20carb%20revised%20riding%20seasons.pdf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

Olde Weird Tip posted:

Dont use the decomp and kick it like a man.

The decompression just gets you to top dead center, I never had any additional issues using a manual decompression lever versus an automatic decompression. I actually liked the manual decompression lever for bump starting the bike.

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

I seem to recall being the one on the flaming bike at that moment, but when you spend 30 minutes or an hour or however long it was pushing bikes around and kickstarting them over and over and over it all kind of blends together in a blur of sweat and exhaustion. You gotta work for it sometimes, otherwise the fun is too cheaply won.

I had a blast, the WR250R performed extremely well with 12/52 gearing and proper knobby tires. No problems keeping up, and it wasn't unusually tiring to ride. My only complaint was that the big wide tank, high pegs, and my long legs leave very little space to grip the frame. I was sort of knock-kneed trying to hang on with my legs at the middle of the bike. Since my knees were right at the level of the seat perhaps I could fill out the seat width or...not sure. Even so, it was great to be able to hold on with my legs in the middle of a whooped out hillclimb. I just wish I could get the same effect with a normal stance.

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

Schroedinger's valves. Until you check them, there are in an indeterminate quantum state. This quantum indeterminacy is the cause of unpredictable starting, especially when hot (the quanta get excited when hot). The quantum superposition of too-tight/too-loose/just-right collapsed for each valve when you inserted the feeler gauges.

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

FYI, the Spot emergency beacon device offers optional rescue insurance:

http://www.findmespot.com/en/index.php?cid=104

I use this in combination with MedJetAssist, which covers medical transfers globally, starting 150 miles from home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

Someone should really take Edward Abbey "Monkey Wrench Gang" style vigilante action against quads. They seem to consistently do stupid stuff, like ride them off the trail and into ravines from which they need to be extracted, or crash on the mini-MX track and have all their idiot quad friends park in the landing area of a jump so they can collect everyone else on the track into a giant stupid pile of broken bones and equipment.