Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Zool posted:

Monster is going to call up with my pro contract any day now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbpIBAEr9_I

Brutal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
If it reeks of fuel try half choke, if you can.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Try holding the compression release (you have one of those, right?), kicking it quickly 3-4 times, then get it just past TDC and kick it smoothly and quickly through the range of motion. Don't stab at it, it should be a steady shove - you want to push firmly through the entire stroke to get the maximum amount of inertia into the motion. Try it with a little bit of throttle, every bike is a bit different on what it likes, and POs are all morons :v:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I'd refit the compression release and do the valves.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

In other shocking news, Husqvarnas are unreliable! The world stops for a moment to gasp and flutter their hands over their mouths!

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Something else is going on - if you overheat the brakes, they still shouldn't lock up, everything should just go mush. My bet is the backflow port on your MC is clogged, so as the system heats up, it expands with no where to go, slowly completely applying the brakes. Either that or you have a really bad stuck piston.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

http://www.amazon.com/Actron-CP7828-Professional-Compression-Storage/dp/B00020BM28

Just buy one.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Was it the freeride E? Link to review?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Don't get a YZ250 as your first dirtbike unless you're big into broken bones. YZ125 is fine for normal use, or an older WR/YZ250F.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Just go buy another xr400 for like 600 bucks off CL.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

That seems pretty reasonable. They might discover something else has been thrashed in the process but that seems about right.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

GriszledMelkaba posted:

Breaking front brake levers halfway down a mountain sucks. panic grabbing thin air the rest of the way down was fun.

Bike is cursed. How the poo poo does it break 2 brake levers in like a month.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Walker was a shitshow but I do miss it now :(

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

The first time you whiskey throttle it and it hooks up and wheelies, it's majestic.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Shim it and run it. If it doesn't have a zero clearance chances are everything is fine.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Every time you post I wonder why you still live in AZ :v:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

That seems reasonable. A little richer than stock at idle, and a little leaner on the main, because you're higher in elevation. I'd split the difference on the needle and put it on the 3rd clip to see how it runs. A bit of difficulty starting when cold on an older, higher hours single isn't unheard of.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Yeah that's a dope shot.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Jesus.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Dope.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

shacked up with Brenda posted:

Video edit of that snow/mud race I posted about before:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sOuvzsk09g

This is a really nice video, makes me miss dirt riding something fierce.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Couple of friends bought Beta 125s as first "real" dirt bikes and they've been lovely. Figure when they start to get bored with them it's either bore kit and suspension upgrade time or just pick up a larger bike and leave the 125 for friends to learn on.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Buy gear that fits.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

aww that's rooted mate

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Leatt 5.5 here.

I like my tubliss setup, peace of mind is great. Take your time on the install tubliss installand use plenty of soapy water as directed.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I say do it. It’ll just look cool when they’re all beat up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Dirt is miserable two up. If you’re going to do this, used 1190 adventure should be your stead of choice, respring it for two up and you might survive with your relationship intact.